Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#25170 - 08/29/07 01:52 PM Trip Report -Madrid
joycenj Offline

Thank you so much MadridMan for all the help in planning our trip. We are back from 10 days in Spain and here are some of the highlights from our 5 days in Madrid and suggestions for others:

1. Aerocity shuttle - very prompt however for our flight from Madrid to Malaga they dropped us off at the wrong terminal. We had to walk from T1 to T2 at 5:45am!
2. Hotel Emperador - Lovely rooftop pool, it was a nice getaway in the late afternoon after a full day of sightseeing however Drinks were Very expensive - 5 Euro for a coke! The rooms were nice, clean and per our request, ready for early check-in and we received a quiet location. Gran Via was very touristy and dirty at that end, however, the great location made up that!
3. Localidades Galicia delivered our bullfight tickets as promised.
4. Madrid Segway Tour - it was a great way to see the city, we loved Antony and Marta, they really gave us a private view of Madrid and made it so much fun for our teenagers. Included in the tour was a stop for a drink ( of any kind!! ) and tapas at Plaza Mayor. So much fun!
4. Favorite restaurants: El Buey for the ox, Museo del Jamon , Chocolateria San Gines for Churros and Chocolate, Cerveceria 100 Montaditos for mini bocodillos of all kinds for 1.2euro each
5. Retiro Park - just beautiful, so glad we rented the row boat.
6. Day trips to Toledo by Avant train from Atocha station and Segovia by La Sepulvedana bus from Hotel Florida Norte bus were so easy, as recommended, you don't need to take a tour.
8. As recommended, Tour of Estadio Bernabeu was very impressive!! Even our 15 year old daughter, who is not a sports fan enjoyed it.
7. We went everwhere on the Metro - it was awesome. The best subway system anywhere, every city should have one so easy to use!!

I hope this information will help other travellers and I apologize for any misspellings!
We loved Madrid and have many great memories of our trip!!

#25171 - 08/29/07 02:07 PM Re: Trip Report -Madrid
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Thanks for sharing your trip report with us!

Five Euros for a coke? Ouch!

Bill

#25172 - 08/29/07 06:59 PM Re: Trip Report -Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
GREAT report, joycenj! Thanks very much. Hope you don't mind that I added links to your posting.

And I CAN'T BELIEVE you didn't contact me to go to the Restaurante El Buy with you!! HMPH! mad I LOVE that place! And it would've been nice to meet you too. Maybe next time.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#25173 - 09/09/07 06:09 PM Re: Trip Report -Madrid
Jan D Offline

Loc: Isle of Wight UK
El Buey looks really good. Is it very very expensive? I'd appreciate if anyone could give an idea of lunch/dinner costs.
Thanks
() / ()

#25174 - 09/10/07 02:31 AM Re: Trip Report -Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hopefully joycenj can tell you more accurately since she was there more recently.

But no. I wouldn't say El Buey was very very expensive - probably not even a single very expensive. And only maybe, depending on your budget/exchange rate, probably isn't een expensive. I would classify it as being "middle middle range" to "upper middle range" though.

If memory serves correctly, the last two times I went, the 4-Person check was about 120 Euros. We all had their specialty of steak on the self-cook-grill (the order comes with a big plate of fried potatoes/french fries), a big salad, dessert, coffees, 2 bottles of water, and 2 decent bottles of red wine with the meal.

Depending factors are, of course, how much was ordered or only salads, choice of wine (or none).

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cruz70, e-man, Jaybe, kittygregg
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1842 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments