Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#24987 - 04/08/07 11:24 AM pontevedra
viva_espana Offline

Loc: Maine
My husband is from pontevedra in Galicia.I love it there, and we have a finca(farm) that his mother left him there.It's so pretty up there in Galicia,that we would love to move there. Has anybody been to pontevedra?

#24988 - 07/12/07 06:12 AM Re: pontevedra
Jordi Offline

Loc: Berlin
Visiting only, but yes. Nice little casco viejo. They set up a monument for Franco even years after he died, so it's probably a rather .... hmm ... conservative spot.

#24989 - 07/13/07 05:56 AM Re: pontevedra
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
viva_espana writes (in pertinent part)
Quote:
... It's so pretty up there in Galicia,that we would love to move there. Has anybody been to pontevedra?...
Yes! We have a cousin who lives near LaGuardia (in the Minho valley). We have been there and drank the wine (Rosal & Albarinho); we visited the National Historic site on Monte Santa Tecla and dined in a seafood restaurant near the Fishermen's Monument.

We stayed in Vigo several times but, other than passing thru, I have never stopped in the City of Pontevedra.

I'm sure Esperanza can provide you with much more info on Pontevedra than I.

#24990 - 07/22/07 06:16 PM Re: pontevedra
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
I was there many years ago in high school. I thought it was beautiful. I remember the ocean being beautiful up there and the city having a giant shopping center.

I actually was with a group that planted a grove of trees near the town in celebration of Christopher Columbus. I'd love to go back if I could figure out where it was again.

Anyway, good luck on moving there!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2402 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments