MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#24851 - 01/31/07 05:33 PM Re: Madrid: Photos in the Prado Museum
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
we will have no photos for a very long time, and I am for one glad. I will go to Madrid again this year and will see them again,just to refresh my memory....
You can change whats already been done.

#24852 - 05/16/07 06:46 PM Re: Madrid: Photos in the Prado Museum
Estopa1 Offline

Loc: Madrid
UPDATE

Last week I visited the Royal Palace and they did not let us take any photos inside neither with or without flash, not even the statues in the corridors. It sucked so much.

I will be visiting El Escorial soon but I'm afraid photos will not be allowed there either since both palaces depend from "Patrimonio Nacional" and should have the same rules. I hope I am wrong.

#24853 - 05/16/07 07:34 PM Re: Madrid: Photos in the Prado Museum
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
THAT IS bad news. We could take photos the last time in the Royal Palace in 2000. That's always disheartening when you can FINALLY see something and then they tell you "NO PHOTOS ALLOWED".

We were in El Escorial Palace about 3 months ago and then we could take photos inside. Hope that hasn't changed.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#24854 - 05/17/07 08:21 AM Re: Madrid: Photos in the Prado Museum
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

eventually it will change; the artwork needs to be protected. You can go and see it, buy postcards; see the sites internet and of course go back there to see it again.

hopefully generations after us can see it too.

#24855 - 05/17/07 08:54 AM Re: Madrid: Photos in the Prado Museum
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I can see a day there will be no photos can be taken within the Alhambra, Sevilla's massive cathedral, Barcelona Casa Mila, or within Compostela's cathedral when they swing the great incense burner. xfingers

It is too bad for Spain and especially those who visit Spain once in their lifetime. :yuck:

Bill

#24856 - 05/18/07 03:52 PM Re: Madrid: Photos in the Prado Museum
super lau Offline

Here's an easy solution for not taking photos...buy postcards! Most of the time the quality of the postcards is much beter than your own personal photos (unless of course, you are a professional art photographer). Most museums have very nice quality guides for special exhibits too, and they feature the artwork and have the descriptions of the pieces, with more detail than what is one the placecards next to the paintings. I have a close relative who is an art historian, and I can't tell you how often paintings are taken off the wall in museums for years while someone restores the painting. Think of all those people who miss their once in a lifetime chance to see the painting!

#24857 - 05/19/07 06:02 AM Re: Madrid: Photos in the Prado Museum
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Bolton England
i understand where you are coming from super lau, but from my experiance, i have a tendency to look at the post card, take it home and put it in a cupboard to be found years later. Photos have a tendency to be passed around to family and friends, (with luck this forum)and it tends to be more of a treasured memory having taken it oneself.

#24858 - 05/19/07 04:46 PM Re: Madrid: Photos in the Prado Museum
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

the question of not taking photos is not just Spain its everywhere there is treasure to be uphold and share.

actually i started many mnay years back taking photos,and then bought post cards; it turn out the shots on the postcards were a lot better than my photos of the same subject. Now i am a postcard collector from 75 countries and over 3000 postcards. they have been shown in 2 museums,and hopefully more. Free I do not charge nor allowed the museums to charge to see them.They were small museums in northern France.

It has given me a lot of joy over the years,and even thus I have continue to take pictures, the postcards are still better shots!!!

#24859 - 05/21/07 10:46 AM Re: Madrid: Photos in the Prado Museum
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Very well said madridmadridmadrid.

Years ago visitors could walk throughout and picnic in the Acropolis - not today. Pollution and unobstructed access have forced the closure to many sections - certainly the free access that existed 25 years ago.

There is a very real technical reason for not allowing art to be photographed ... the preservation of that art.

#24860 - 06/28/07 05:12 AM Re: Madrid: Photos in the Prado Museum
Estopa1 Offline

Loc: Madrid
Last Update from El Escorial.

I was there last saturday and I'm afraid the worst expectations became true as photos can NOT be taken inside the building anymore. I managed to take a couple shots when nobody was looking but most of the time it was not possible.

Be advised.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments