Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#24800 - 01/08/07 02:14 AM Going to SEVILLA
WB Offline

Loc: Philadelphia
I've gone to Sevilla every year for the past 9 years. I studied abroad there and made a life-long friend named Carmen that I visit every year. I told her there was NO WAY I could afford to come this year........until........I remembered that I have stock options from work that I can exercise on or after Jan 9, 2007. Now I can pay for my trip three times over.

Also, I found a website of this photographer who sells a lot of really good pictures, mostly of Spain, and some of Portugal and other subjects. It's www.davidgilbertphotography.com I emailed him, and he was telling me that he's adding more Sevilla, Jerez, Cordoba, Ronda, and Costa del Sol pictures every day from his collection. I'm going to treat myself to a nice photograph of Sevilla for my family room!! :p

#24801 - 01/08/07 07:07 AM Re: Going to SEVILLA
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Glad to hear you'll be able to make it back to Sevilla this year afterall, WB! I'm looking forward to a return trip myself, hopefully in the autumn.

Say hello to Carmen (in) Sevilla for us! wink (" Carmen Sevilla ", born IN Sevilla in 1930, was a very popular actriz in many of Spain's 1950s, 60s, and 70s - most of which were the standard drama/musicals made at that time - she's now one of the hosts of "Cine de Barrio", a weekend Channel 1 TVE program where they show old Spanish movies).

I took a look and the photos are very reasonably priced. The "Bridge in Sevilla" was only $17 plus shipping. Do you know if they're shipped FROM the USA? I'm guessing yes.

Also take a look at www.MichelleChaplow.com . She's a British Expatriate living on the Costa del Sol (what a surprise, eh? hehehe.. wink ) and is a professional freelance photographer too. She also focuses on Andalucía but does all of Spain and around the world. In fact, she took all the photos on 2005's "Photos of Spain" calendar - which my parents gifted me and I hung in my cubicle, staring longingly over the glossy photos and dreaming I was IN Spain. Ahhhhhh..... Beautiful photos too.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2229 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments