Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#24679 - 08/11/06 09:48 PM Re: Segovia: Things you shouldn't miss
mmh166 Offline

Loc: Philadelphia
The lamb - I only eat it when I'm there... not because I am a lamb snob but because it's the only place I think it looks/tastes good.

#24680 - 08/12/06 07:19 AM Re: Segovia: Things you shouldn't miss
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
mmh166, I think that does make you "a lamb snob". hehehee.. wink Just kidding.

If you stop at one of the Tourist Information Offices they'll give you a booklet of Segovia with a map inside which shows colored walking tours, hilighting spots along the way. I did this a year or two ago and it was quite interesting.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#24681 - 08/14/06 12:53 AM Re: Segovia: Things you shouldn't miss
wesrick Offline

Loc: Wichita, KS
Excellent.

Thank all of your for the great input. I'm putting it together into a word document that I can print and take with me. I'll probalby also go to a Tourist Info Office and put all of it into a folder to take with me. I like being prepared.

Thanks all!
-Rick

#24682 - 08/15/06 05:45 AM Re: Segovia: Things you shouldn't miss
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
One further question, my brother and his wife will be visiting this fall and they'd like to go to Segovia. What is the best way of getting there, bus or train. I thought train because coming from Canada it would a unique experience for them but its a long walk from the train station to the old city and as far as I know there are no buses that drop you off near there.

If they take a bus from Madrid where would they catch it.

thanks

#24683 - 08/15/06 08:42 AM Re: Segovia: Things you shouldn't miss
warnerchilcott Offline

Loc: Montgomery, AL, USA
We took the train and really enjoyed the scenery and didn't have to worry about the traffic, etc getting in and out of Madrid. Yes the train station is just a little way out of town, but buses stop there frequently for a ride to town or you can catch a taxi!

#24684 - 08/16/06 06:32 AM Re: Segovia: Things you shouldn't miss
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I agree, it was nice going by train. We took the Saturday 10am train and it was packed, standing room only. Its a good walk to the old city but I didnt' mind we really enjoyed it and the locals got a laugh out of us trying to ask directions. At the train station there is a car rental booth and they gave us a map to the Tourist information, which was really helpfull when asking for directions.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2395 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments