Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#24598 - 05/22/06 01:27 PM Madrid: Local Bands/Venues?
jrdelar Offline

Hola todos,

I am an avid concert goer here in the US. I like checking out local bands at smaller venues. I was wondering if there was something similar to this in Madrid? I'm looking for a more rock-type band but I could do any type of band. If you could let me know what the venues are and where they are then maybe I can look up and see what bands are playing there smile I know I saw Garbage at the Riviera....any ideas??

Gracias de antemano,
Jenn

#24599 - 05/25/06 11:57 AM Re: Madrid: Local Bands/Venues?
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
do not know if can help but you can check here
www.lanetro.com and www.los40.com and do some search but Spanish of course.
good luck

#24600 - 06/04/06 06:43 PM Re: Madrid: Local Bands/Venues?
mmh166 Offline

Loc: Philadelphia
I am the same as you. I had most of my luck at the Riviera... seems to be the place for touring bands. Go see the Spanish band Dover if they're playing... not the best band in the world, but they're ok... more importantly, they have a great local following, so it makes for a fun show.

#24601 - 06/04/06 06:49 PM Re: Madrid: Local Bands/Venues?
mmh166 Offline

Loc: Philadelphia
Oh yeah... jrdelar, if you discover new places, please share with your opinions/comments.

#24602 - 06/05/06 08:24 AM Re: Madrid: Local Bands/Venues?
janel Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hola Jenn,
Ok, here are some smaller venues you can check out to hear local bands. I have been to all, my favorite is probably Moby Dick
-Moby Dick (also a nightclub) by Metro Santiago Bernabeau in the famous Av. del Brasil Area. Has some well known bands play occasionally. I saw the Used there.
-Sala Sol (Alt and Rock) concerts nightly around 23.00 (also a great discoteca after 2.00am)
-Ritmo y Compas (its a venue a few blocks from Diego de Leon Metro) where they have a concert venue in the same building as rehersal studios. Here its hit or miss, check the schedule.
-Gruta 77 Near Metro Oporto I think. Similar deal as Ritmo y Compas. Can see some good bands but hit or miss.
Also Sala Heineken near Pl España is a bigger venue for about 900 people so lots to offer there too.
- One more, The recently reopened Sala Caracol near Embajadores is anothe place to check out
Sadly Madrid doesn't have as good of medium sized venues as the bands and public deserve. Barcelona is luckier in this arena.
Enjoy the shows!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
pablo80, pikkmees, ValLynn
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1597 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments