Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#24596 - 05/22/06 01:01 AM Guitars in Spain
La Artista Offline

Loc: Portland, Oregon
Hi! I'm studying abroad next spring and my parents are visiting me during Holy Week. My dad is VERY into guitars- he collects (there are 10 in our basement) and I was hoping that one afternoon for his birthday (it's pretty close to when they'll be visiting me) I could take him to some sort of guitar museum/store. Either in Barcelona, Madrid, Granada, or Sevilla, but we will have the most time in Madrid and Granada. Ideally it would be a museum or more interactive shop where we could watch guitars being made or try them out.

Any suggestions would be great! Also, our hotel will be close to Puerta del Sol so walking distance would be even better.

#24597 - 05/22/06 07:23 AM Re: Guitars in Spain
Jerezano Offline

Loc: Fez/Jerez
In Granada, the cuesta de gomerez has a number of guitar stores, some in which you can see them being made. For the most part, not the friendliest of people though as they are constantly interrupted by curious tourists. A little further away, on a street going away from the plaza Reyes Catolicos, is the shop of Manuel Bellido. In Madrid you should definitely seek out the shop of Conde Hermanos....

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
galaxy, gazpacho
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1833 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments