Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#24584 - 05/04/06 02:00 PM Cadiz or Marbella?
jrdelar Offline

My friends and I are thinking about going to Cadiz at the end of June but I am wondering if perhaps Marbella is better than Cadiz? I've been to Malaga and wasn't too impressed. Any thoughts?

Thanks smile

#24585 - 05/08/06 01:01 AM Re: Cadiz or Marbella?
nevado Offline

Cadiz is one of my favorite cities (it's actually quite small) and I would most definitely go there if you are not impressed by big yachts and fancy stores.

#24586 - 05/08/06 05:46 AM Re: Cadiz or Marbella?
Jerezano Offline

Loc: Fez/Jerez
It depends on what your criteria is for judging whether one place is better than another...if you like trendy places, glitz and glam and pretentious people (can you tell that I don't?) then Marbella is the place for you.

Cadiz is the opposite...a little run down, but laid-back, friendly, and much less expensive. And a much different kind of tourist there..

#24587 - 05/08/06 02:55 PM Re: Cadiz or Marbella?
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
I've visited Cadiz for the past 3 Semana Santa's and love this city. There are not alot of sights perse, but if you like to just wander the streets of the old town it is perfect. It is a little "crumbly" but this just adds to the charm. The food is great and the people are very friendly. It's also perfect for daytrips to the 3 sherry triangle towns (Jerez, El Puerto de Santa Maria, Sanlucar) and white villages (Arcos, Vejer, Medina Sidona).

This is the city I dream of calling home someday. cloud9

#24588 - 05/08/06 05:02 PM Re: Cadiz or Marbella?
desert dweller Offline

Loc: Desert of Arizona
It truley depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for a town that is true Spain, with true Spaniards living there, then Cadiz is what you want. If you want to be around the "well to do" and "wannabe to be famous" then Marbella is what you are looking for. I can remember when Marbella was a small fishing village, as late as the early '70s. Now I would say it is for the people that think they want to be in Monaco, but just haven't made that kind of money yet. laugh Go ten miles either side of Marbella and you are back where the real people spend recreation time. wink Cadiz would be my choice between the two. Another nice town in that general area is Ronda. cool Where ever you go you are sure to have a good time, just bear in mind that Marbella is full of phonies with a hand full of credit cards. :p

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments