Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#24507 - 03/18/06 06:13 PM Re: Where do the Spanish spend "Spring Break"?
CascadaDuSel Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL (sometimes Madrid - ...
I think I remember these taking place on a smaller scale every weekend when I was in high school and college in the States .... I would put up Spains teen drinking stats against the US anyday of the week.

#24508 - 03/18/06 06:27 PM Re: Where do the Spanish spend "Spring Break"?
Gretchen6 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin, USA
MadridMan,

You are correct. I definitely posted this incorrectly. I was thinking of Matador's drinking pictures in this thread when I read the article. Nonetheless, it has nothing to do with the original subject matter. I should have started a new thread on people's thoughts on these botellones. OK back to Spanish Vacations smile

#24509 - 03/19/06 11:02 AM Re: Where do the Spanish spend "Spring Break"?
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
the article above sound alot like what happens in Britain every weekend, young people binge drink the weekend away. The Daily Mirror (I think) has been running a campian against the exteneded drinking hours brought in the tony blairs goverment

#24510 - 03/19/06 11:09 AM Re: Where do the Spanish spend "Spring Break"?
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Back on topic, this is a long weekend for those who live in Madrid (lucky man MadridMan) and I've noticed alot more Spanish out with tourist maps doing the tourist thingy this weekend, that inspite of the cooler rainy weather. Went out for a walk last night and got soaked!

I've also noticed over the last few weekends at Placio Real and large groups of young Spanish queuing to get in, they must be on a school trip or something becuase I can't imagine a 17 year old being that interested in history and culture.

#24511 - 03/19/06 12:14 PM Re: Where do the Spanish spend "Spring Break"?
MATADOR Offline

Loc: BOSTON
Are we talking about spring break for college students? Botellons happen frequently throughout the week in spain, but in march when the weather changes, especially in sevilla. It is called the fiesta de la primavera.Thousands of students go over to the expo center in seville and drink all day long. Honestly it is a great experience(sevilla 2003). It was a great way to meet people.Usually these events are not violent. During semana santa some spaniards go to the costa del sol.

#24512 - 03/20/06 05:14 PM Re: Where do the Spanish spend "Spring Break"?
Murdy Offline
Executive Member

Everyone knows you spend Semana Santa stuck in traffic on the highway! wink

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Mah-g, Ricardo Mata
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2127 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments