Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#24489 - 03/13/06 08:08 AM Madrid Flamenco: Corral de la Moreria?
France Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
Hello
I was on the net surfing for good places to see a flamenco show in Madrid....I came about Corral de la Moreria very close to the Plaza Mayor and Sol...I was wondering if 29 euros is a good price to see a show....It seems reasonable....for 32 euros you get a show and a drink.....Has anyone ever been to that place, it looks amazing!!! Thank you!

#24490 - 03/13/06 03:03 PM Re: Madrid Flamenco: Corral de la Moreria?
Jerezano Offline

Loc: Fez/Jerez
Personally this seems really high for me, also as a flamenco guitarist and enthusiast myself, I have to say that these types of performances are specifically geared towards tourists, therefore the quality tends to be lower than if you can see a performance in a flamenco peña. It all depends on who is performing there. I understand that for someone who isn't involved with Flamenco it may not make much difference....

You may want to check out www.deflamenco.com , which lists flamenco happenings all over spain, or if you can navigate through the spanish, the "cartelera" page of www.tristeyazul.com . Hope you find something good!

#24491 - 03/22/06 06:54 PM Re: Madrid Flamenco: Corral de la Moreria?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
I attended a show at Torres Bermejas a number of years ago, and as Berzabuena points out, the shows are touristy...but if you don't know the difference, they're still great. Not sure on price anymore, but if you shop around you'll find similar shows and can compare.

I've found the flamenco shows I've attended here in California to be better as the groups from Jerez tour here annually. Shop around and enjoy the show wherever you land.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
pablo80, pikkmees, ValLynn
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1440 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments