Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#24476 - 03/29/06 10:30 AM Re: Segovia vs Toledo
Real_Valladolid Offline

I've been to both cities and they are both very beautiful. If I had to pick one I'd say Toledo. It was less busy than Segovia and it really feels like a medieval town. I ended up getting lost in Toledo wandering up these small cobble stone roads. It was amazing.

Segovia is also very nice. The castle is a must to see and the aqueduct. Good place to have authectic "Lechon"!

But my pick is still Toledo. I bought an amazing sword and it had it shipped. My only other suggestion would be Salamanca. Many people overlook it, however it is absolutely gorgeous. The central plaza is almost as beautiful as Plaza Mayor in Madrid and the main cathedral is breathtaking. It is also a university city, so it does have alot of students.

#24477 - 04/09/06 02:07 PM Re: Segovia vs Toledo
La Profa Offline

Loc: Milwaukee, WI USA
I've been to both, but I'm a much bigger fan of castles than swords, so my choice is SEGOVIA!!! hearts

#24478 - 04/20/06 11:25 AM Re: Segovia vs Toledo
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I was debating to write this and tell you all how I exactly feel. I lost, so here is my honest opinion!

I been to both and my vote goes to Segovia. Bottom line for me Segovia is more interesting to photograph than Toledo.

Now reasons why I had to debate writing this and if you do not like reading anything bad about Toledo you better not continue! cloud9

But to be far about, when I return to Spain if possible I will give Toledo another chance

Hopefully when I do visit I will not get killed by some sword store owner, wheeling a sword at me that I did not buy, who ate to many McDonalds hamburgers , driving a fast moving car trying to hit me and who I told to F off! wink

For you Toledo lovers, just remember I think anyone should visit Toledo and Segovia and make their own decision. I made mine!

Bill

#24479 - 04/20/06 10:26 PM Re: Segovia vs Toledo
desert dweller Offline

Loc: Desert of Arizona
My personal choice is Segovia. The aquaduct amazes me everytime I see it. Since Franco died they have revised the history of the Alcazar in Toledo.

#24480 - 04/22/06 08:19 AM Re: Segovia vs Toledo
France Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
You're help is greatly appreciated - Really! I bought a Guide book and will look into it a bit more...I know I will be impressed by both cities so I know (or I hope) I won't be deceived by whicheverone I choose! Thanks people for your opinions!

#24481 - 04/26/06 11:32 AM Re: Segovia vs Toledo
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
For me, it's Segovia. If only because it takes more effort to get there, and you're more likely to visit Toledo on another quick trip to Madrid.

#24482 - 05/03/06 09:04 PM Re: Segovia vs Toledo
mmh166 Offline

Loc: Philadelphia
Why limit yourself to those cities? Salamanca is better than either of them in every way.

#24483 - 05/04/06 04:45 PM Re: Segovia vs Toledo
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
Both cities are beautiful but I'd choose Toledo. However, I did not visit Toledo as a daytrip. I spent 3 days/2 nights visiting Toledo so we didn't have all of tour groups to fight the entire time we were there. I'd definately recommend visiting Toledo but spending at least one night there.

#24484 - 06/04/06 06:45 PM Re: Segovia vs Toledo
mmh166 Offline

Loc: Philadelphia
If you had to pick just one: Segovia.

#24485 - 07/25/06 01:31 PM Re: Segovia vs Toledo
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
France

Did you go?

Bill

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1581 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments