Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#24417 - 01/16/06 08:06 PM Letango tours
Anonymous
Unregistered

Has anyone used Letango (http://www.letango.com/) to put together an itinerary? Opinions.

#24418 - 01/17/06 03:04 PM Re: Letango tours
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Rick Steves recommends him and that is a very good recommendation.

Bill

#24419 - 06/07/06 03:01 PM Re: Letango tours
terrilang Offline

Loc: maryland
I used them recently and would not recommend them. We had lots of problems including a hotel that was booked for us -- supposedly a 3 star that had no toilet seat in the bathroom -- it was broken off and a shower head that was broken off to say nothing of the ants on the floor. When I called them about the problems the response was "I can try to cancel your reservations but you will have to find another hotel". Not a way to run a business!!! Terri

#24420 - 06/07/06 07:09 PM Re: Letango tours
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
terrilang, sounds like you had a problem with the hotel itself and not with Letango tours. No tour agency will inspect the hotel rooms they book for clients. Did you call Letango about the hotel room problem and NOT the hotel???? confused

I think we'd all like to hear WHICH hotel this was. Please give us your review in the "Hostels & Other Lodgings" forum category. Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#24421 - 06/12/06 03:31 PM Re: Letango tours
janel Offline

Loc: Madrid
Im sorry for your bad experience, I know several people who have used Letango and I have refered people to them as well, Everyone has been very pleased with their services and thanked me for recommending them. In this case I would be willing to also put blame on the hotel who was not providing the service that neither you nor the travel agency had expected to be bad.

#24422 - 06/23/06 01:19 PM Re: Letango tours
Anonymous
Unregistered

I recently returned from a two week stay in Spain and used Letango for booking, itinerary planning, and guided tours. Their service is excellent and I would not hesitate recommending them (and I already have).

#24423 - 07/22/06 11:36 AM Re: Letango tours
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Philadelphia, Aruba DWI
I have used le tango and found them to be extremely good for private tours. My highest recommendation.

#24424 - 07/26/06 07:20 AM Re: Letango tours
terrilang Offline

Loc: maryland
I have just found all the rave review of Letango tours here. It was the way we were treated by the people at Letango tours that was the problem. They did not honor what they had said and when there was a problem they essentially told US to fix it! As far as the hotel refund, they were responsilbe to us not the hotel. They simply were not willing to help when we were on site. I WOULD NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES recommend them to others. We had problems with them with the booking of a guide, the hotel and booking a show. It was not just the hotel. Others be warned!!!!! Terri

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1581 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments