Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#24411 - 01/12/06 10:30 AM The absolute best of Spain is....
France Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
Hello
My boyfriend and I will be visiting Spain, mostly Madrid at the end of May. During our 9 day trip, we will be spending 4 in Madrid....but the question is : what do I NEED to do or I MUST see during the remainder of the trip? Should I see Seville? The Coast??
Thanks!!!

#24412 - 01/12/06 11:13 AM Re: The absolute best of Spain is....
desert dweller Offline

Loc: Desert of Arizona
Nine days, not a lot of time. Seville is a good choice. I would tip toe on south and go see Gibralter. Seville will keep you busy for a good day. Late May will be good and warm. While you are in that area go and see Granada and Malaga. So little time so much to see and do. Enjoy, and stay safe.

#24413 - 01/12/06 02:48 PM Re: The absolute best of Spain is....
Jerezano Offline

Loc: Fez/Jerez
Sorry, gotta strongly disagree on this one, Gibraltar is the one place in Spain that is just best viewed from far away, what a hole! It's just a poorly placed duty free store!

The surrounding province of Cadiz offers much more opportunities to visit quaint villages (vejer, arcos), fantastic beaches (conil, los canos de meca) and more. Leave the soggy fish and chips of Gibraltar behind!

#24414 - 01/12/06 03:19 PM Re: The absolute best of Spain is....
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
France

Sevilla - For the flamenco dancing and the cathedral.

Granada - For the Alhambra and make sure you visit at night too!

Barcelona - A completely different fun loving Spanish city. I do mean completely different.

On the other hand your can stay in Madrid and you can do day trips from there. Salamanca, Toledo and Segovia can be visited each day and there are must see for Spain. You did not have to leave Madrid to see and do thing that you will leave you will pleasurable memories for the rest of your life.

Also remember if you are in Madrid on a Monday many of the museums will be closed.

Most of all have fun, I have whenn I visit Spain.

Bill

#24415 - 01/12/06 05:50 PM Re: The absolute best of Spain is....
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
Exchange Gibraltar for a night in Toledo and you will have it.

#24416 - 01/14/06 07:26 AM Re: The absolute best of Spain is....
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
I don't know if your late May visit will extend into June, but June 4th is Pentecost Sunday, the day when the Feria del Campo peaks. It's a Romeria al Santuario de la Virgen del Rocio near Almonte on the western border of the Doñana wildlife refuge in the Province of Huelva. The pilgrimage route (walking, riding decorated pony carts or on horseback) starts in Sevilla; so lodging in Sevilla may be very 'tight' that week. eek

It is definitely something to see! A million people (Police est. for 2002, last time I was there: 600,000), dressed in typical Andaluz costume ... playing Guitars and singing and dancing along the way rolleyes

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments