Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#24374 - 12/20/05 01:08 PM TOLEDO-WALKING TOURS
hawaiianbelle Offline

Loc: New York
I am traveling to Spain in June 2006 and wanted to find out if I took the train from Madrid to Toledo (Renfe) can I book a walking tour when I get there instead of booking a tour and getting on a bus for 2 hours??? I would hate to be in a bus that long when the train gets you there in 30 minutes. Any advise?? Thanks

#24375 - 12/26/05 08:02 PM Re: TOLEDO-WALKING TOURS
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Are you just going to be there for the day? I love Toledo and always find time to spend a few days there. It is a great city to explore on your own and easy to do without a planned tour.

#24376 - 12/29/05 10:55 PM Re: TOLEDO-WALKING TOURS
monicasometimes Offline

Loc: Upstate NY
I agree, from what I have been told. My husband is currently living in Toledo - the kids and I are joining him in 11 days - and he says it's a beautiful city easily navigated on foot without the need for a guided tour.

#24377 - 01/04/06 10:46 AM Re: TOLEDO-WALKING TOURS
MedicalMan Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Me and my family have been to Toledo 4 or 5 times and never needed a guide. Beautiful city and the cathedral is magnificent. There is also an antique store by one of the main city gates that has some great stuff and he has a cellar with ruins that date back over 900 years. There are lot's of great little restaurants to eat as well. They make great Marzipan as well in Toledo

#24378 - 01/04/06 09:49 PM Re: TOLEDO-WALKING TOURS
cjatchis Offline

Loc: Monterey Bay Area, CA
I've taken the bus from Madrid to Toledo(I believe it cost around 5 euro)and it only took around 45 minutes.
You can walk around by foot.There is a tourist building with maps,etc. But if you are going in summer be prepared for HOT weather, and regardless of the season lots of uphill walking.My friends and I spent the day here walking ourselves around and had a good time.

#24379 - 01/21/06 04:07 PM Re: TOLEDO-WALKING TOURS
JohnT Offline

Loc: Media, PA
I just went to Toledo on a day trip from Madrid a few weeks ago. The bus station is at the Mendez Alvaro metro stop. The bus line I took was Continental. They leave every half hour & it's a 45 minute ride (ask for 'directo'). The cost was 4.15 Euro each way (8.30 round trip). You just walk up & buy the ticket each way, no need to reserve in advance. The historic section of Toledo is very compact, easily done in a day. Tour guides may be helpful, but not really necessary. I had a Frommer's Madrid & a Rick Steve's Spain/Portugal guide book & that was enough to set a full day itinerary.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments