Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#24246 - 08/30/05 06:36 PM Antequera?
Chele60 Offline

Loc: Yorba Linda, California
I stumbled upon what seems like a little town called Antequera and was wondering if anyone here had been there and could give me any information about it. From what I've been able to figure out via the net, it is home to El Torcal de Antequera, which looks pretty interesting in and of itself. Almost other worldly. The town itself looks small, but picturesque and from what I can gather the people are very friendly. Oh, and it's along a major train/bus route from Malaga. Other than that, not much more seems to be known.

Anyone have any insight? Pass through? Stopped for lunch once? For some reason, the pictures seem like this would be a relaxing place to stroll through and relax.

Gracias!

#24247 - 08/30/05 06:53 PM Re: Antequera?
MATADOR Offline

Loc: BOSTON
I was there in 2003. Our class from the university of sevilla(study abroad) took a trip there. The attraction for the town is the ancient rock formation. I think it was made by water thousands of years ago. we pretty much spent time walking through it. It is a nice quaint town, but I dont think you should go out of your way to see it.We pretty much got of and on the bus and went on our way to granada.

#24248 - 08/31/05 11:33 AM Re: Antequera?
Chele60 Offline

Loc: Yorba Linda, California
Thank you, Matador! That's what I was kind of afraid of. It is on our way, sort of, so maybe we might cruise through and check it out. Then again, maybe not.

I appreciate your comments!

#24249 - 09/19/05 09:05 AM Re: Antequera?
Jordi Offline

Loc: Berlin
It's a nice little town, but really worthwhile only for those who have seen everything else and are desperate for any new destination.

The canyons and rivers in the mountain area South of Antequera are probably even more attractive than the city itself.

The Parador is one of the new ones (read: no classical mansion or castle) and nicely situated on the top of a hill, and it is also cheaper then the usual rate for this class of accomodations.

I spent a night there in a winter on my way down from Granada and to avoid having to wait out my flight departure at Fuengirola or Torremolinos or any other of the awful coastal towns.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Mario70
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2033 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments