Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#24211 - 08/12/05 11:31 AM Re: Proposing to my girlfriend in Madrid...HELP!!!
jimbo1976 Offline

Thank you everyone. There are so many places to choose from. I think i'll try to ask her at sunset or towards the end of the day. I'd like to go out to a nice restaurant afterwards. Any suggestions? I don't mind spending a lot on the dinner, but i don't want something too uppity and stuffy. Something romantic, yet not too boring.

#24212 - 10/12/05 07:22 AM Re: Proposing to my girlfriend in Madrid...HELP!!!
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
If you make it a weekday retiro park won't be too packed. You will just know when you get to the right place anyway.

#24213 - 10/26/05 05:07 PM Re: Proposing to my girlfriend in Madrid...HELP!!!
Sean Offline

Loc: Louisville, KY USA
I'm curious to know how the proposal went. I proposed to my girlfriend, which is now my wife, while visiting her in Madrid. I actually asked her during a day trip to Toledo. We have now been married for a little over five years. Anyhow, it brings back great memories.

#24214 - 10/27/05 12:36 PM Re: Proposing to my girlfriend in Madrid...HELP!!!
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Maybe she said no and that why we have not heard from him. confused

Of maybe she said yes and now has second thoughts. confused

But I think he just forget about us, he is to busy planning the wedding day! laugh

Bill

#24215 - 06/10/06 04:40 PM Re: Proposing to my girlfriend in Madrid...HELP!!!
wisrich Offline

Loc: wisconsin, USA
I will also be in Madrid to propose to my girlfriend in around a month, the only catch is that she has no idea that I will be comming and it will be somewhat of a suprise visit, the only person that will know of my trip would be her roommate. She has been studying in Madrid for almost a month now so she has been to most of the sites around the city. I was wondering if someone could suggest a less know site that would still be romantic. Also with my coming unannounced it would be somewhat hard to get her to leave the city. Any help would be amazing.

#24216 - 06/22/06 10:36 AM Re: Proposing to my girlfriend in Madrid...HELP!!!
spanishben Offline

Loc: Madrid
The Plaza de vistillas with views across to the cathedral and the Casa de Camo is really nice at sunset, perfect for a walk through La Latina afterwards. But for anyone that can get out for half a day, you can't beat El Escorial - I got married there and I'm telling you, it is VERY romantic - head for the gardens behind the Monasterio - lovely place. I once proposed on someone else's behalf in El Escorial too (on a podcast) and she (the lady in question) said yes when she heard it, so it has good precedents!

#24217 - 07/16/06 12:52 AM Re: Proposing to my girlfriend in Madrid...HELP!!!
jimbo1976 Offline

Hi All,

Its been a while since i've logged on to the site, but I wanted everyone to know that yes, she did say YES and we are getting married next month. Its almost exactly one year to the day I proposed to her. When we first arrived, I went to all the places that came up on this board that people suggested, but in the end ended up proposing in the Plaza de Oriente in front of the Royal Palace. I proposed the second day we were in Madrid, and we were able to turn the rest of the vacation into an engagement trip. We visited Madrid, Toledo, Segovia, and Barcelona. It was an engagement to remember. Thanks to all!

#24218 - 07/16/06 10:07 PM Re: Proposing to my girlfriend in Madrid...HELP!!!
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
A happy ending to this story! cloud9

I wish the both of you a long happy life. thumbsup

Bill

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments