Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#24180 - 09/14/05 11:09 AM Re: Poll: Message board members traveling in Sept/Oct
Chele60 Offline

Loc: Yorba Linda, California
Buenos Dias Charles Cordova!

I've not yet been to Spain (leaving in 4 more days - OH YEAH!), so I am no expert but if you look up Villalobos on Mappy.com I believe you might find your answer. I think the town you are looking for - and it appears to be quite small from what I'm looking at - is roughly 150 miles northwest of Madrid. You would go past Valladolid, stay on A6 until you reach a town called Cerecinos de Campos and then turn off to the north (I think - I hopeless with directions!). It looks as if the town is not that far from there.

There does appear to be another Villalobos to the south of Spain, near Granada but it is something like 250 miles southeast from Madrid.

I would suggest going out to www.mappy.com and try to locate what you want. It's sort of a mapquest for Europe. I've used this site quite a bit in planning our road trip through Spain and so far it has been a real help. Of course, the true test will come in the next 2 weeks!

Good luck!

#24181 - 09/15/05 01:20 AM Re: Poll: Message board members traveling in Sept/Oct
r1byker Offline

Loc: Clayton
I'll be traveling to Madrid and Barcelona from 10/8 to 10/24. My wife and I will be going because our daughter is studying abroad in Madrid for the fall quarter.
Why October? She just went over last week, and I figured that about a month would be enough time for her to get settled and into a routine before we come over and go touring around with her. I didn't want to go any later because I wanted to make sure it was still somewhat warm. I did the same thing 3 years ago when my older daughter was also studying in Madrd. That time, I was there for only a week. Now I want to go visit all those things around Madrid I missed the last time and also go to Barcelona.
Alas, I haven't figured out how to make it to Granada on this trip. I guess I'll just have to plan another trip for an extensive visit to the south.

#24182 - 09/18/05 02:46 PM Re: Poll: Message board members traveling in Sept/Oct
adiav Offline

Loc: Australia
I'll be in Spain September to October - in fact, I'm here already. wink

I got into Spain yesterday, September 17, and will be here until October 4.

Why September/October? No specific reason, other than that Spain falls into the near-middle of a long European jaunt that had to start mid-August and, because of its location, Spain ended up in the middle. If that makes sense.

I caught the train to Barcelona from Milan, and am working my way down to Malaga (Alora, actually) via Madrid and Granada.

That do?

-adiav.

#24183 - 09/19/05 09:42 PM Re: Poll: Message board members traveling in Sept/Oct
migm77 Offline

Loc: USA
Hello, I will be in Barcelona on October 1, for three days, then to Bielsa, Vielha, Granada, Sevilla and Madrid. We will be traveling around Spain for a total of 17 days and I have a busy schedule with so much that I want to see. Planning to spend 2 to 3 days in the area of Ordesa and Monte Perdido, and hope it's not too cold up in the mountains during this time.

Always look forward to take vacations during Sept or October because I like to avoid the big crowds and usually prices are lower.

Looking forward to be in Spain and have a good time real soon!!!

#24184 - 09/20/05 07:00 PM Re: Poll: Message board members traveling in Sept/Oct
LW Offline

Loc: USA
Well I normally travel to Spain in the month of October because of the cheaper prices and cooler weather, but since my job-Bank is converting in Oct.,no vacations are allowed mad so I will be going Nov 8th until Dec 5th.
Starting in Valencia, then staying with friends in Castellon,then going south to cadiz to relax by the ocean where my soul feels at home, then take the train to Sevilla to visit more friends, then possibly travel to Madrid and finally ending in Castellon again wink
Hopefully finding some pure flamenco playing somewhere along the way, besides filling up my taste buds of all the spanish cuisines laugh Yummmm

Kerry~LittleWing~

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2395 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments