Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#24160 - 08/01/05 03:46 PM Poll: Message board members traveling in Sept/Oct
el tio Offline

Loc: Portland, Oregon
From the posts I've read, I'm surprised how many people are planning trips for September/October (as opposed to July/Aug).

I am one of those travelers, going the last week of Sept/first week October visiting Madrid, Alicante/Valencia and Barcelona.

I'm curious:
1) who else is traveling during Sept/Oct
2) why did you choose this time of year
3) your primary places/sites of interest

The time is fast approaching and I'm curious as to your responses. Who knows, maybe our paths will cross!

El tio

(Madridman - I wasn't sure if this was the best forum...)

#24161 - 08/01/05 06:13 PM Re: Poll: Message board members traveling in Sept/Oct
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I'm going back in mid-October!

I chose this time because October is still nice weather, before the clocks change, cooler nights and cooler days than September. I'll typically go to Madrid/Spain in either October or more often in April.

I'll probably spend my entire 10 days in Madrid but we'd like to "steal away" for a long weekend to Granada if all goes well.

Enjoy! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#24162 - 08/01/05 07:19 PM Re: Poll: Message board members traveling in Sept/Oct
Chele60 Offline

Loc: Yorba Linda, California
1) who else is traveling during Sept/Oct

Me! Me! We will be in Spain from 9/19 - 10/6.

2) why did you choose this time of year

Quite a few reasons, actually. I won the airfare, but I had to plan the rest of the trip, so I needed time to save for a sudden, unexpected vacation to Spain. As well, I wanted to go when the weather wouldn't be quite so hot, but didn't want weather that was too cold either. And we were hoping to miss most of the crowds.

3) your primary places/sites of interest

We've decided to do a sort of loop beginning and ending in Madrid. We're looking at Andalusia (Seville, Ronda, Granada), Cazorla, Cuenca, and Madrid as the major stops. My absolute musts to see are the Prado, the Alhambra, the mountains around Cazorla, Toledo, and Segovia. My S/O has said he wants to see the Alhambra (though he's a bit confused about what it is, exactly), the Spanish countryside, and meeting the Spanish people.

You're right, it will be interesting to see the responses!

#24163 - 08/01/05 10:08 PM Re: Poll: Message board members traveling in Sept/Oct
angy Offline

Loc: Sacramento,CA
Hi,
I too am going but not until the end of October until the 13th of November. I didn't want to go in the summer due to the heat and I am off from work for the month of November so it was the best time for me to go. I will be staying in Sevilla the whole time!! Can't wait to go smile )
Angela

#24164 - 08/01/05 10:37 PM Re: Poll: Message board members traveling in Sept/Oct
Granadina80 Offline

Loc: Granada as of 9/12
I'll be in Granada from September 12 - December 20, because I'll be taking a class on teaching Spanish as a foreign language. We should have a fiesta!

MadridMan-- let me know when you'll be in Grana' (as the Granadinos say) and I'll give you the grand tour!! smile

#24165 - 08/01/05 11:33 PM Re: Poll: Message board members traveling in Sept/Oct
GoMadrid Offline

Loc: California
I will be in Spain from September 28 until October 7.

My wife has let me go on a "boys' trip", and the time was really set by the fact that my buddy is going on to Greece to meet his wife. Other than that, I think it is potentially a great time to be in Spain because of the weather.

We will be in Madrid mostly, but will be going to Denia with some Spanish friends, and will no doubt take day trips to Toledo, Segovia, and Escorial.

While in Madrid, we will be at Hostal Adriano, of course.

#24166 - 08/02/05 11:32 AM Re: Poll: Message board members traveling in Sept/Oct
JoeSambuca Offline

Loc: New York City
I'm planning an October trip as well but I have always spent "my longer" trips to Madrid in October.
Mostly because air fares are alot cheaper.
Madrid is beautiful in October and it's my birthday present to myself.... smile

#24167 - 08/02/05 01:34 PM Re: Poll: Message board members traveling in Sept/Oct
The_Keeper_at_Home Offline

Loc: Madrid
Myself and Pim are taking a weeks holiday in the South of France in early September.
Why then? All the Parisians will have returned to work so it will be quieter.
All the schools are open, NO KIDS laugh
The weather is still good
The hotels are cheaper.

Returning to Madrid for a very long weekend mid October.

Everything you KNOW is wrong.

#24168 - 08/02/05 02:44 PM Re: Poll: Message board members traveling in Sept/Oct
bootyshaker Offline

Loc: san francisco
we will be in spain oct 6 to 27th. we typically take our vacation in october, especially to europe....less crowds, easier to travel, less backpackers, easier to get rooms. nnicer weather....

#24169 - 08/02/05 03:54 PM Re: Poll: Message board members traveling in Sept/Oct
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Going to Spain from Sept 24 - Oct 9.

Madrid (4 Days), Santiago de Compostela (3 days) and Barcelona (8 days). I guess I will missed the party with Madridman. frown

I would have gone later but work prevents me from selecting the dates really wanted to go.

If anyone is visiting the above locations at the same time and wants a get together for drinks, send me an email.

Bill

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2462 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments