Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#24084 - 07/11/05 11:13 PM Madrid: Long layover - what to do/see?
jllevoc Offline

I have a 10 hour layover in Madrid on my way to Africa. I see from the website that the airport is a bit out of town. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations as to whether it would be feasible for me to make it into Madrid for a few hours and if so what would be the fastest and most reliable transportation, and what I should see/do when I'm there. Thanks!

#24085 - 07/12/05 04:53 AM Re: Madrid: Long layover - what to do/see?
madsue Offline

Loc: Canary Islands, Spain
I put my bags in the left luggage at the airport and caught the Metro into the centre of Madrid. The journey is approx half an hour. I walked around Puerto del Sol, down to the Palace, sat in the Park, then walked up to the Plaza Major, sat some more!! Went to eat, wandered around, went window shopping!!!!

You didnīt mention (I donīt think) what time of day your layover is, but remember the Metro stops running around 0130, after which you need a taxi back to the airport which can be quite expensive. You will be able to see a lot in 10 hours. Hope this helps!!!

#24086 - 07/22/05 10:09 PM Re: Madrid: Long layover - what to do/see?
expatriate Offline

Loc: Soud Pacifico
even take the Metro to Banco de Spania and go to El Prado museum,... Six Euros is worth the walk around to see some amazing art... and ten hours is plenty of time to see a few things, get some decent food, and get a quick appropriated feel for madrid.

best of luck,

jose

#24087 - 07/25/05 03:49 AM Re: Madrid: Long layover - what to do/see?
Dommo Offline

Loc: London
It depends on the time whether you will be able to use the Metro (up until 0130). I'd even get a taxi into the city rather than sit in Barajas for 10 hours though. It's not the most exciting airport in the world (severe understatement)!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
galaxy, gazpacho
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1775 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments