Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#24067 - 10/14/05 06:39 AM Re: MISSING MADRID!!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
You know, I don't miss Madrid at all. BECAUSE I'M HERE NOW! hehehe... wink But I only have a couple days more next week before I return to Columbus. frown I'm VERY happy to have been here during both the MUCH-NEEDED rains and the change to cooler, autumn temperatures. FINALLY! The cooler temperatures are why I usually only visit in Spring, Autumn, and Christmastime AND NOT summer.

Last night we went to Museo del Jámon next to the Puerta del Sol for a big plate of Jámon Ibérico (thinly sliced ham). Mmmmm.. It was soo good.

But what I love most (most?) about Madrid is that people live life OUTSIDE of the house and not inside. It´s the same throughout Spain, of course, but since I´m here I notice it more.

What you all DON'T miss about Madrid is the constant (and currently HORRENDOUS) construction and renovations in the city. I GUESS that's all part of prosperity and progress. Right? (do I hear an echo out there? hehehe... wink )

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#24068 - 10/14/05 09:39 AM Re: MISSING MADRID!!!!
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Quote:
What you all DON'T miss about Madrid is the constant (and currently HORRENDOUS) construction and renovations in the city. I GUESS that's all part of prosperity and progress. Right? (do I hear an echo out there? hehehe... )
No if felt like home when I was there, New York City same thing to.

Bill

#24069 - 10/15/05 01:40 AM Re: MISSING MADRID!!!!
Guiri Grande Offline

Loc: San Antonio
Quote:
What you all DON'T miss about Madrid is the constant (and currently HORRENDOUS) construction and renovations in the city. I GUESS that's all part of prosperity and progress. Right? (do I hear an echo out there? hehehe... [Wink] )
The construction noise is horrendous in Spain. If it was not the construction noise, it was the fireworks during Fallas. If it was not the fireworks, it was the band of gypsies with a bunch of speakers turned up full blast while they played instruments and a goat that would climb a stepladder every other day outside my apartment window!

Oh, how I miss Spain.

#24070 - 10/15/05 03:53 PM Re: MISSING MADRID!!!!
tina_liege Offline

Loc: liege,belgica
everyone misses madrid, lol im coming back to madrid this oct 28, and i am a frequent travel because my family rather spoiled me with seeing the world than useless material possessions.. and being part spanish makes me proud to see all these people who enjoy spain, our food, our places and our shopping areas ! viva espana !

#24071 - 10/15/05 09:48 PM Re: MISSING MADRID!!!!
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
"Madrid will be very beautiful... when it is finished" laugh

That is something heard since I was a child...

Fernando

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1858 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments