Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#23946 - 05/24/05 11:57 PM Beaches in Galicia
ceb Offline

Loc: USA
Can anyone tell me if there are any good beaches on this NW side, like the La Coruña, El Ferrol, etc? Also, what about beaches in the area of Vigo?

#23947 - 05/25/05 05:44 AM Re: Beaches in Galicia
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
The only one I am familiar with further north is VilaGarcia de Arousa: I stayed there a couple of nights in Jun '04; but it was really too cold that early. Late July and August are probably better.

In Vigo, there's playa Samil (very nice) on the south side of the ria. You can also take a ferry boat across the ria to Cangas & Moanha or Islas Cies (at the mouth of the ria). Baiona is very nice (also at the mouth of the ria but on the south side).

I love Vigo (Pontevedra)!

#23948 - 05/25/05 08:42 AM Re: Beaches in Galicia
ceb Offline

Hi Eddie. Do you know how much a rental apartment per mo. cost in Vigo?

#23949 - 05/25/05 09:27 AM Re: Beaches in Galicia
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

No idea! I have visited Vigo a half dozen times but only for a few days at a time. I never inquired about longer term stays. You might find some info at http://www.galinor.es There's a link to Apartamentos Puerta del Sol with Tlf. and Fax numbers listed

#23950 - 05/25/05 03:17 PM Re: Beaches in Galicia
ceb Offline

THANKS EDDIE!!!

#23951 - 05/25/05 09:01 PM Re: Beaches in Galicia
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Eddie's one of our most valuable members. Thanks, Eddie!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#23952 - 05/25/05 11:10 PM Re: Beaches in Galicia
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
There is a wonderful Natural Park called Corrubedo Sand-Dunes and Carregal and Vixán lagoons that has a gorgeous beach and a huge natural sand dune. It has three long nature trails as well.

#23953 - 05/26/05 09:46 AM Re: Beaches in Galicia
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

MM writes:
Quote:
Eddie's one of our most valuable members. Thanks, Eddie!
You flatter me!
BTW
I may be in Spain the same time you are (mid-Jun) but I'll probably just 'blow thru' Madrid like I did last year, but this time I will be heading for the south coast. It depends on the dates relatives (from Madrid) have their Condos open in Mazagon (Huelva). Please tell me where I might find you if I 'overnight' in Madrid (el Brilliante??)

#23954 - 05/26/05 05:46 PM Re: Beaches in Galicia
ceb Offline

Hi Sel. Thanks to you also for provided excellent info...I'll have to check it out once I am in the area.

#23955 - 05/26/05 06:27 PM Re: Beaches in Galicia
Murdy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
ceb, if you're also interested, you might want to check out the beaches on the northern coast of Lugo. The coast is called A Mariña, and the beaches are outstanding. I especially recommend the ones around Ribadeo, which is the last town in Galicia before crossing over to Asturias. There's this one beach called Las Catedrales (The Cathedrals), which has these great rock formations that give you the feeling you're in a church. But to see them all, you have to wait for low tide.

Many of the surrounding beaches are great too. Cliffs, then open beach. Well, depending on the tide that is. When it's low, it might only be forty yards deep, but when the water recedes, it grows to well over 100 yards.

Just another place for you to consider.

Also, the area tends to be less expensive and less crowded than the Vigo/Pontevedra/Ría Arousa area.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cruz70, e-man, Jaybe, kittygregg
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1877 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments