Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#23940 - 05/23/05 07:11 PM Non-One Day Trips from Madrid
MadridGirl273 Offline

I was wondering if anyone had a "must-see" city that can't really be done in a day trip from Madrid. I will be in the city for two months and would like to travel to at least one or two overnight locations. I have been to Valencia and Barcelona (altho I wouldn't hesitate to go back to the latter) - as well as closer locations like Toledo, Segovia, and Cuenca.

I was looking at Cadiz, Seville, Granada, and Cordoba. What would be most worth my time?

#23941 - 05/24/05 05:51 AM Re: Non-One Day Trips from Madrid
Floroz Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
In April a friend and rented a car in Salamanca and did a "5 nt" parador card trip from Salamanca thru Galicia, returned to Madrid from Santiago de Compostela via Iberia Air. (19 € plus taxes) It was one of the best times I have ever had! To answer your question about 2 or 3 day trips from Madrid, I would put Salamanca at the top of the list, with Granada a very close second. A little farther away, we loved Baiona,
& Cambados & Zamora for one day each.

We had spent the previous week at La Alberca, a tiny medieval village about 70 km south of Salamanca, a magical place!

#23942 - 05/24/05 10:11 AM Re: Non-One Day Trips from Madrid
MadridGirl273 Offline

Thank you for your suggestions! It's hard to choose with so many options, but I will definitely put Salamanca and Granada on the list!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cruz70, e-man, Jaybe, kittygregg
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1676 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments