Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#23898 - 05/01/05 08:53 PM i plan to visit la mancha
Bob New York Offline

Loc: Maryland
Esquivias, El Toboso, Consuegra,Argamasilla de Alba, Lagunas de Ruidera, Puerto Lapice are the places I have been told that can help me follow the route of don quijote.
What I am trying to do is to be able to visit these places in three days. I plan to rent a car and begin my adventure. If you have any other ideas please let me know.. I plan to begin on July 4 and return to Barajas Airport on the 7th.
any suggestions? Thanks smile

#23899 - 05/04/05 04:23 AM Re: i plan to visit la mancha
F-16_doc Offline

Loc: Columbus,OH
Bob, I dont know if you saw the threads on the on the other topic of "Tracing Don Quixote's tracks", but I posted this there as well.

Alcala is a wonderful city, I lived there for almost 5 years. I was in the Air Force and stationed at Torrejon Air Base.
As Eddie said, lots of storks which is cool, never saw any until I lived there. Cervantes birth home is pretty easy to find, its on the Calle Mayor. You can park in the Plaza de Cervantes and walk down to it... Here is the city website: http://www.ayto-alcaladehenares.es/homeenglish.asp?site_language=4

It has some cool panoramic pictures of all the historic sites in Alcala including St. Ildefonso College which has a very nice church. I am hoping to go back myself next year, its been almost 8 years since I was last in Spain, I miss it, its a wonderful country. Enjoy your trip :-).

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments