Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#23870 - 05/12/05 02:30 AM Re: Granada to Barcelona by car
JasMadrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
There are no beautiful towns (in my opinion, of course) in the route from Alicante to Valencia. A number of them, Calpe, Altea, Gandía, Cullera, have nice beaches where you can stop for a swim, but none of them have nice sights or beautiful old towns. I wouldn't really know where to stop in that route...

#23871 - 05/15/05 01:10 AM Re: Granada to Barcelona by car
emi Offline

Loc: australia
hi bev,
i am in the midst of planning my trip there too.. but if you wanna see nice villages... I kinda think Bubion is nice .. its near granada but in the sierra nevada region-Alpujarras... I dont know if that is put of the way..but check it out. smile

White walled villages..similar to moroccan style kinda....

#23872 - 05/15/05 03:40 PM Re: Granada to Barcelona by car
Bev Offline

Loc: nyc
Thanks for all your help everyone. Leaving in about an hour. Will let you know about everything when I get back. Maybe I'll discover some hidden gems. I'll be in Madrid in about 10 hours. Hasta la vista.

#23873 - 06/01/05 10:16 PM Re: Granada to Barcelona by car
Bev Offline

Loc: nyc
Ended up staying in Benidorm, loved it, shops are a little tacky but the beach is nice. Had a great, cheap hotel on the beach, Hotel Brisa. Then went to Sitges, expensive hotel and not as tacky a town but didn't like it as much. Maybe cause the weather wasn't so good and we got lost going there and almost ended up in Barcelona a day early which wouldn't have been so bad since we really loved Barcelona.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1844 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments