Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#23837 - 05/04/05 11:26 AM Favorite Beach
llewilli Offline

Loc: Washington DC
If you could choose your favorite beach town in Spain which would it be and why?

I am going at the end of May and beginning of June. I've been to Valencia and Mojocar -- but no other beach. Share your thoughts please!

#23838 - 05/04/05 12:34 PM Re: Favorite Beach
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain
There are so many to choose from – but I love Cala D'Hort in Ibiza. It's quiet, wild, and has great views of the craggy island Es Vedra. Try typing either Cala d'Hort or Es Vedra into google images and you'll see why I love it. For example, this one just came up:

http://www.igougo.com/photos/journal_photos/RCI_Cala_d_Hort_01.JPG

Ibiza has lots of beautiful unspoiled beaches if you get off the beaten track. So do the other Baleares, Mallorca, Formentera and Menorca. Check them out.

#23839 - 05/04/05 01:00 PM Re: Favorite Beach
llewilli Offline

Loc: Washington DC
Wow! Beautiful!

#23840 - 05/04/05 02:41 PM Re: Favorite Beach
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain
You've got me daydreaming at work now about beaches. I found a Spanish site (don't worry if your Spanish isn't up to scratch - there are lots of nice pictures) and it lets you select a region of Spain and see the best beaches and read reviews by people who've been there. Check out my favourites in Mallorca, Ibiza, Formentera and Menorca. Cadiz has some nice ones but they can get windy. So does the North but they can get wet. Anyway, less talk and more beach. Here's the link:

http://es.rentalia.com/beaches/es/index.cfm/idgeo/.htm

#23841 - 05/04/05 04:01 PM Re: Favorite Beach
navblooms Offline

Loc: Ireland
I would definitley recommend the beach at camping las palmeras in tarragona. I think its called Playa Llarga. Its peaceful and beautiful and cheap to stay in one of the bungalows on the beach.

#23842 - 05/05/05 05:22 AM Re: Favorite Beach
Jerezano Offline

Loc: Fez/Jerez
LOVE Conil de la Frontera, Canos de Meca as well but only outside tourist season.

#23843 - 05/05/05 08:09 AM Re: Favorite Beach
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
I agree with Berzabuena: as early as you will be there, Spain's southern beaches (i.e., Costa de la luz) are probably your best bet. I don't particularly care for Costa del Sol although there are lots of tourists. I would concentrate on the stretch from Cadiz to Sanlucar de Barrameda: not too many tourists that early in the season.

Unless, of course, you want to go to Portugal ...

#23844 - 05/05/05 08:48 AM Re: Favorite Beach
liz49 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Admittedly, I have never seen the beaches of the southern and eastern coasts of Spain, but my experience in San Sebastian is indelibly imprinted on my memory as a truly spectacular beach. People had told me for years how amazing it was, and I was worried it wouldn't live up to the hype. But then I got there and saw it and I was hooked. The town itself is also lovely. When I was there in June (because I know it does get more crowded later in the summer), it was peaceful and relaxed. There are few place where I've been where the cares of the world seem to melt away...this is one of them. Can you tell how much I loved it? smile

#23845 - 05/09/05 09:31 PM Re: Favorite Beach
SalaChic Offline

Loc: Trumansburg, NY
I prefer the northern coast as well. I went south once to Cullera, and it was ok, but not spectacular. My favorite spots are just east of Santander: Noja, Isla, Santoña... I think we are headed for Somo this summer for some surfing...

#23846 - 05/10/05 02:55 AM Re: Favorite Beach
deibid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2443 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments