Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#23782 - 03/26/05 01:51 PM Barcelona walking tour guide
jcreature Offline

I'm looking for a walking tour guide in Barcelona who's similar to the wonderful Stephen Drake who leads historical walking tours in Madrid. I took several of his tours and they were weird, quirky and informative. I hate going with the masses and simply getting a tour that reads like a boring book. Any ideas of whether something cool and quirky is available walking-tour wise in Barcelona?
thanks,
Jeanine

#23783 - 04/02/05 09:51 PM Re: Barcelona walking tour guide
Samsonite Offline

For a fun tour, try a bicycle tour. I don't remember the name of the company--maybe someone else does and I did not take the tour myself, but it looked like they were having a great time. The guide led everyone on single speed, cruiser type bikes all over the old part of the city.

#23784 - 04/04/05 03:59 PM Re: Barcelona walking tour guide
Cornelio Offline

Loc: Dublin, CA
A few months ago, I took a bike tour in Berlin with an outfit called Fat Tire and it was one of the best experiences I've had in terms of a guided tour. It turns out the same company does bike tours in Barcelona and if they offer something even close to what I experienced in Berlin, it should be a wonderful experience.
Visit
http://www.fattirebiketoursbarcelona.com/

#23785 - 04/05/05 01:20 AM Re: Barcelona walking tour guide
lakey Offline

Loc: New York
I found this offbeat group from web surfing so this does not signify personal endorsement or knowledge of their tours, which seems to include
culinary, art nouveau, red light barcelona, sailing and fishing, art studios, furniture design? and a mystery-history tour (secret tunnels included) on Thursdays
They are
http://www.myft.net/index_fla.html
e-mail info@myft.net

#23786 - 04/07/05 07:31 PM Re: Barcelona walking tour guide
lakey Offline

Loc: New York
Thnaks for the Fat Bike Tour suggestion. They sound like fun too. I note that they mention stopping every few 100 yards or so,no hills, bikepaths,boardwalks, alleyways, which seems to indicate an easy going pace. I had been wondering about a gaggle of bikes dodging through the Barri Gotic and the summer crowds. Also, no reservations necessary which allows last minute inclinations.

#23787 - 04/27/05 01:03 PM Re: Barcelona walking tour guide
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Since you went on a Wellington Society tour and you are member, you can send him an email and ask him what tours he recommends in Barcelona. When I ready to visit Barcelona it is one of the questions I will ask him.

Bill

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cruz70, e-man, Jaybe, kittygregg
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1840 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments