Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#23717 - 03/07/05 02:32 PM 7 days along SE Coast
mc Offline

Loc: Washington State
My husband and I will travel 7 days by car from Seville to Barcelona via the Coast. What cities or towns are a must see. Any recommendations of favorite hostels or hotels, restaurants, activities along the way (keeping a budget in mind)? Are reservations necessary? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

#23718 - 03/07/05 03:17 PM Re: 7 days along SE Coast
Jana Offline

Loc: Tucson
I really like Xavea, just south of Denia in Alicante. I don't have a favorite place to stay, as we rent in Denia, but have seen some nice ones on the web. We will be staying nearby in Calpe this summer at a friend's house. I haven't been yet, but the pictures look beautiful.

#23719 - 03/08/05 04:54 AM Re: 7 days along SE Coast
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain
I'm not sure at what point you plan on hitting the coast after you leave Sevilla, but if you haven't yet been, Granada is a logical stop before reaching the sea. Then you'll be in the province of Almeria. Check out the sweet (even if touriisty) little town of Mojacar. To the south the Cabo de Gata national park would make a nice detour.
Onwards north: Murcia is a useful provincial city and a pleasant place to stroll about and have lunch. Elche is also a nice stop. If you're spending the night there is a fancy hotel in the palm grove (Huerto del cura). I've never been but heard it's nice.
Valencia is a great city, don't miss it as is Tarragona where you can see lots of Roman bits and pieces.
Enjoy

#23720 - 03/08/05 07:09 AM Re: 7 days along SE Coast
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Barry, glad to know you're a fellow Mojacar fan.
(always knew you had great taste...) wink :p

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2632 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments