Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#23553 - 02/01/05 02:45 PM recomendations on this trip?
navblooms Offline

Loc: Ireland
This will be the first time I travel in Spain, i'll be spending a month:
-Malaga (Flying into)
-Murcia
-Valencia
-Tarragona
-Barcelona
-Madrid
-Asturias
-Bilbao (flying home from)
We plan to spend 3-4 nights in each place, any suggestions on must see places?
Any help would be appriciated

#23554 - 02/01/05 04:53 PM Re: recomendations on this trip?
Spanadian Offline

Loc: Spain
Hmmm well these are scattered throughout the country but if you can swing them I'd add any or all of these...

- Toledo (50 mins South of Madrid)
- Segovia (50 mins North of Madrid),
- Salamanca (2 hours from Madrid),
- Santiago De Compostela (4.5 hours from Salamanca or 5 and change from Madrid),
- Granada (about 2.5 hours from Murcia),
- Sevilla,
- Cordoba.

Toledo: The old city itself is steeped in history and intrigue and is an incredible sight to behold. It is said that when Alfonso VI re-conquered the city in 1085, the Muslim king sat on the banks of the river Tajo on the other side of the city and wept. You'll understand what I mean as you drive up to the city for the first time.

Segovia: A 2000 year old Roman aqueduct that still stands today (despite not having any mortar between the stones), a fairy tale like castle with flying buttresses (and I’m sure more than one ghost), and suckling roast pig. Need I say more?

Salamanca: Behold the splendour of the Gothic Catedral Nueva, walk through one of Spain’s grandest squares and thread the ancient and hallowed halls of learning in the Universidad Civil, one of the oldest in Europe. The library is astounding.

Santiago De Compostela: Wander a city that contains the ghosts of Visigoths, Romans and Celts. Feel the mysterious presence of the Knights Templar as you walk it’s holy streets. Miss this ancient city and be the lesser for it.

Granada: Al qala’ at al-hamra, the Alhambra, the Red Castle, whatever you want to call it…it’s stunning. Framed by the snow capped Sierra Nevada mountains and inhabited by lush gardens the Muslim kings knew that this was a special place. It is. Don’t miss it’s winding Albayzin and Arab tea-houses.

Sevilla: A city full of life, flamenco at it’s heart. A city to fall in love in. You haven’t truly experienced Spain until you’ve danced in Sevilla. Go there.

Cordoba: Where else in the world will you find an enormous Mosque forested by candy cane arches built in 785 with a Cathedral smack in the center? Nowhere that’s where.

You really can't afford to miss these places. Have fun.

#23555 - 02/01/05 05:07 PM Re: recomendations on this trip?
Samsonite Offline

Best thing to do in Taragona is see the human tower contests when they stand on shoulders up to 4 layers high.

#23556 - 02/01/05 06:56 PM Re: recomendations on this trip?
navblooms Offline

Loc: Ireland
Thanks for the advice, we'll try and get in as much of those sights as possible. Also in taragona I think i'm staying at canping Las palmeras, has anyone stayed here?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
pablo80, pikkmees, ValLynn
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1512 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments