Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#23523 - 01/28/05 11:15 AM Barcelona and Eixample area
kaybaybee Offline

Loc: Kansas City, Kansas
Hi, I and a friend are going to Barcelona in October and are looking at several lofts to rent. We have found one we really like in the Eixample area. I wanted to stay within a short walking distance to the Ramblas and Gothic area. Is the Eixample area within close walking distance of these two places? Is it near the beach (walking also)? I appreciate your help on this matter!

#23524 - 01/28/05 11:56 AM Re: Barcelona and Eixample area
Cornelio Offline

Loc: Dublin, CA
It all depends on what part of the Eixample area the loft is located. The good news is that the Eixample district is right next to the Ciutat Vella district where La Rambla and Plaza Catalunya is located and so if you're lucky, you could be no more than a 10-minute walk away. The beach is another story. I would say you would be at least a half hour walk away, again depending on what beach you wanted to go to. However, I wouldn't be overly concerned because Barcelona has a very good public transportation system, underground subway and overground buses and trams. Visit the following website for a clickable and zoomable map of Barcelona that may help you locate the loft you are interested in. Have a great trip.

http://www.bcn.es/guia/welcomea.htm

#23525 - 01/28/05 12:01 PM Re: Barcelona and Eixample area
kaybaybee Offline

Loc: Kansas City, Kansas
Thanks! I am going to use your map and email the owners and get some good ideas on how far a walk it actually is to these 3 areas. You have been most helpful!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2685 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments