Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#23315 - 10/28/04 04:48 PM Madrid: Ladies Weekend Away ?
weekendaway Offline

Loc: Bristol
Hi there - 7 of us have just booked flights to Madrid Friday to Sunday - mixed bag of 40 somethings, some fit, some less so (one with knee problems), some enjoy doing 'the art and culture thing' others just want to relax, eat and drink. Recommendations welcome please for suitable mid price hotels and must sees - I have found the info already posted really useful but look forward hearing to any other ideas.

Thanks in anticipation

#23316 - 11/09/04 09:20 AM Re: Madrid: Ladies Weekend Away ?
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
must see el parque de retiro! cool

#23317 - 11/23/04 10:18 AM Re: Madrid: Ladies Weekend Away ?
Jay Gantvoort Offline

Loc: Madrid via Seattle
Make sure you go into the city central, Plaza Mayor and also the Prado Art Museum is only a 10-15 minute walk away. And one last note, there is a huge flee market on Sunday's, I think the hours are from 10 in the morning until 2 in the afternoon. To get there, if you are in Plaza Mayor, look for the exit where the big tourist sign is (if you notice the horse statue in the center of the plaze, the exit is to the back right side of the horse. Follow this exit and when you get to where the street veers left or right, go left. The flee market is perhaps 5-6 blocks long and very crowded with people, you will be playing bumber cars. Also be careful when in Madrid, I have three friends here whom have already been pick pocketed, and three more have had their cars broken into.

#23318 - 11/23/04 03:29 PM Re: Madrid: Ladies Weekend Away ?
steven77 Offline

Yes I can see you getting your pockets picked in el rastro is no surprise.
Its a stinking excuse for a market where you will probably pay too much for some load of rubbish and step in some dog **** as well. Whats that district called footwash? Much better to try a Chinese 'todo a cien' shop.

#23319 - 11/23/04 05:02 PM Re: Madrid: Ladies Weekend Away ?
ColinK Offline

Loc: Atlantic Highlands, NJ- USA
Beware Plaza Mayor- the food sucks and is very expensive. I suggest just having a few cocktails and then moving on. The waiters are known to just bring out 6 or 7 plates of 'tapas' without being asked, and then wind up charging you 20euros a plate. Unfortunately I speak from experience...........it was kinda funny to get f'd so hard as a bunch of dimwitted tourists.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1850 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments