Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#23281 - 10/04/04 04:58 PM Andalucia: Small Towns/Big Towns
TedG Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
My girlfriend and I are headed to Spain and will be in Andalusia from 10/10/-10/17. We are planning on spending Sunday, and Monday in Seville, then Tues-Sunday driving the countryside. We want to hit Ronda and Granada. We also were thinking of hitting Arcos de la Frontera and Cordoba.

Questions:
1. Is this too much?
2. What would be the best route to take for hitting these places… I would be willing to sacrifice speed to enjoy more of the rural areas…which leads me to #3…
3. Can anyone recommend some lesser known “treasures” that may lie in and amongst these better know places?

Also, we would very much like to see a bullfight while we are there. We were thinking we could do that in Seville on that first Sunday. I know it is late in the season for bull fighting. Has anyone been to a bullfight this late? Do they still start at 6:30? Can we count on one being held?

Thanks for any info.

Ted

#23282 - 10/05/04 08:26 AM Re: Andalucia: Small Towns/Big Towns
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Good idea!!! We certainly agree on the best way to visit Spain -

There were two threads when I did a search under Montefrio - I could only figure out how to do a copy 'n paste on one of them so utilize the search function for access to the other thread. Both deal with 'hidden treasures' as well as the white villages. The Alpujarras is well worth a visit. And Cadiz - if you are planning on going to Ronda - it's not that far ....

Because I do a lot of photography I tend to end up in some rather out of the way spots ...

Email me directly if you want and I can go into more detail

Link below is to the first thread under Montefrio when you do a search

http://www.madridman.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=000409&p=

okay, I went back and did a second search - here you go - the missing link

http://www.madridman.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=000589&p=

smile

#23283 - 10/05/04 10:44 AM Re: Andalucia: Small Towns/Big Towns
Cornelio Offline

Loc: Dublin, CA
To better assist you, you have to answer 2 basic questions. First, are you going to have a vehicle or are you going to rely on public transportation? Second, on 10/17, do you want to end or terminate you trip in Sevilla or someplace else like Madrid? The answer to these 2 questions will make a big difference in what is possible and not possible.

#23284 - 10/05/04 01:35 PM Re: Andalucia: Small Towns/Big Towns
TedG Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
We will be drinving fromn Seville and returning the car to Seville. Our journey back to Madrid will be via AVE.

Sorry to have left that out...

#23285 - 10/13/04 11:39 AM Re: Andalucia: Small Towns/Big Towns
davidx Offline

Córdoba is great - give it enough time. On the way there from Sevilla try to see Carmona.
Good smaller towns: Antequera, a delightful friendly town with 3 dolmens and the Torcal, a mountain top with fabulous rock outcrops nearby; Grazalema and Zahara, white villages near Ronda.
Mail me on davidcross@frogsmore72.fsnet.co.uk if you would like my notes on Andalucia with URLs

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Mario70
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2050 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments