Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#23011 - 05/31/04 03:52 AM Baths in Granada?
kimekazee Offline

I have heard that there are baths/spas in Granada, but are any of them affordable? What is the price range? If you have been, any reccomendations? Are they worth it?

Thanks!

#23012 - 05/31/04 04:42 AM Re: Baths in Granada?
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Hi kimekazee

Yes, I have been to some Arabic Baths in Granada, and they were just wonderful BANOS ARABES

It is a luxury, and the price reflects that, but I would say it was well worth it. I certainly spent 2 of the most enjoyable hours of my life in there!

Quote:
Baño, Quiromasaje y Aromaterapia 19,50 €
Baño 12,50 €
Bono ( 6 baños / 6 masajes ) 97,00 €
Bono ( 6 baños ) 57,00 €
Niños (-12 años y Pensionistas (baño/masaje )) 13,00 €
You don't need to take anything with you as they provide towels, flip-flops (!) etc.

The massages are great. You are given a choice of aromatherapy oils to have your massage with - I chose a 'balancing' oil, but could have had relaxing or invigorating.

Talking is not allowed in the baths, which is a huge challenge, but adds to the specialness of the experience. The sounds of trickling water, very quiet music and bodies being massaged, is enough.

I think there are 7 baths of varying shapes and temperatures, from freezing cold to bath water hot, and you just flit from one to another as you feel like.

You can also help yourself to mint tea in a little side room, which is kept lovely and steamy and warm.

Hmmmmm ... I'd love to go back there right now.

Jo

#23013 - 05/31/04 09:51 AM Re: Baths in Granada?
ChrisSantilli Offline

Loc: chicago area
Can you be nude in the baths or must you wear a swimsuit? Are the baths separated by gender at all?

I'm American--where nudity is seldom okay, which I find so tedious.

#23014 - 05/31/04 11:49 AM Re: Baths in Granada?
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Hi ChrisSantilli

You have to wear a swimming costume. When you have the massage the thing is as good as removed - either bikini top taken off, or one piece rolled down as far as ... well, pretty far down! The the masseuses are a mix of male and female - you just get whichever one is free.

It certainly didn't feel like a prudish atmosphere, but for those who would feel intimidated by nudity, it would feel comfortable too.

Hope this helps.

Jo

#23015 - 05/31/04 02:37 PM Re: Baths in Granada?
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Just to 2nd what was already said. Even though the prices seem high, they are so worth it. When I studied in Granada, my señora had one of the deals where you get like 6 or so for a set price. So she went often, when she asked me to go with her, I was a little skeptical. But it was just wonderful!!!! If you get the chance, dont miss it!
Kelly smile

#23016 - 05/31/04 07:04 PM Re: Baths in Granada?
kimekazee Offline

Sounds great. I think I will check one out! How long does the bano, quiromasaje y aromaterapia last?

#23017 - 06/01/04 03:07 AM Re: Baths in Granada?
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Well, you are in the actual baths for 1 hour 45 mins, but then of course there's the before and after changing.

The massage itself lasts 15 minutes and there are 4 going on at the same time.

Quote:
OBSERVACIONES

* Es necesario establecer la reserva al Teléfono 958 522 867
* Es obligatorio el traje de baño.
* Se observarán normas de conducta que no perturben el
ambiente de relax.

* Se ruega puntualidad a la llegada y salida de los Baños.
* Duración del baño 1 hora y 45 minutos (incluido
vestuario)

* Duración del masaje 15 minutos.
* Servicio de toalla y taquillas.
* Los masajistas permanecerán siempre dentro de los
baños.

I'm sure you'll really enjoy it if you go cool

Jo

#23018 - 07/05/04 01:52 AM Re: Baths in Granada?
Kathleen Offline

Loc: Fremont, California
What time are they open and what time do they close? thanks. Also, I'm sorry but I don't understand how much is a one time visit. Is it 97 euros for a bath and a massage? Yes, very pricey. I'd love a massage, and I am sure that these baths are a wonderful experience. I hope that I will have enough time to visit them.

#23019 - 07/05/04 03:27 AM Re: Baths in Granada?
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Kathleen, it is €19.50 for combined bathing and massage. The massage lasts 15 minutes and the whole thing about 1 hour 45 minutes.

Did you look at the website? It tells you all you need to know on there, including session times, and if you e-mail them they are good at answering any further questions you may have.

Do go, you wont regret it. I'll certainly go again given half a chance cool

Jo

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments