Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#22979 - 06/03/04 08:30 AM Re: If you HAD to pick.....which would you pick?
Kipper Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
Seville is beautiful, but Segovia and Toledo are really wonderful. I try to go to both cities each time I visit Spain.

#22980 - 07/16/04 02:39 PM Re: If you HAD to pick.....which would you pick?
Raquel_dup1 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
i would recommend granada! the alhambra is amazing... go at night when they light it up!!!! the city is also full of cute bars and places to eat. since you are going in the summer its going to be extremely hot. even at night! sevilla was unbearable when i was there last august...we had to listen to lectures in 100 degree weather NOT FUN! no matter what city you pick in spain, your going to have a fabulous time! im jealous of your trip and remember to take a ton of photos! make sure you include yourself in them, not just what your photgraphing!

#22981 - 07/16/04 06:32 PM Re: If you HAD to pick.....which would you pick?
Skunk Offline

Loc: Madrid
A very nice day trip from Madrid is to visit El Escorial, you can get there by train (RENFE) in 1 hour and the place is wonderfull.
http://www.jorgetutor.com/spain/madrid/elescorial1/elescorial.htm

#22982 - 07/17/04 06:03 AM Re: If you HAD to pick.....which would you pick?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Booklady writes:
Quote:
... I would skip going South with only 8 days. I would leisurely visit Madrid, Toledo, Segovia and Barcelona. But that's me. I'm an old lady!
Since when??

From your posts on this board I get the distinct impression that you're not all 'Books,' even though you are a librarian. I picture you as a demure but fun loving lady whom I would love to meet and spend some time with along the way.
Sorry I didn't wish you felicidades on your Saint's Day yesterday (la Virgen de Carmen). Do you celebrate that??

BTW
I agree with your 'skip the south' advice. If anything, I would recommend a trip to Bilbao between Barcelona and Madrid. Both have frequent inexpensive flights to/from Bilbao.

#22983 - 07/17/04 07:10 PM Re: If you HAD to pick.....which would you pick?
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Thank you, Eddie, for your kind words. I too would love to meet you, maybe at some future MadridMan party in Spain, or better yet in Galicia over a fantastic meal washed down with a nice Albariño!
Besos,
Carmen

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments