Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#22944 - 05/13/04 12:18 AM Andalucia side trips?
whyssb Offline

Loc: Tucson, Az
We are in the final count down for our trip but are looking for suggestions for the Andalucia leg of our trip.

From Sevilla we will pick up a rental car and drive to Fuengirola where we will be for a week. We have talked about doing day trips to Cordoba, Ronda and Granada from Fuengirola.

Would it make more sense to go Cordoba for the day enroute to the coast? Are there any other places that hold special charm we should be considering? We are interested in food, music, and off the beaten track adventures.

Lastly we are looking for suggestions of the best places for Flamenco music that are not tourist traps.

Thanks in advance for suggestions!! 17 days and counting to our maiden voyage laugh

#22945 - 05/13/04 02:39 PM Re: Andalucia side trips?
Jana Offline

Loc: Tucson
If you are a jamon lover, you should check out Aracena, about an hour from Sevilla. Besides being ground zero for the best jamon on the peninsula, it's a lovely mountain village. The game and wild mushrooms available in the fall are exquisite, so I assume the food is just as good in the spring. There is also a really cool cave, Gruta de las Maravillas, which is worth the visit. We went horseback riding and had a great time. Spaniards know about this place, but I didn't see any other foreigners.

#22946 - 05/14/04 02:47 PM Re: Andalucia side trips?
whyssb Offline

Loc: Tucson, Az
Thanks for the suggestions! The cave sounds interesting! Still need suggestions for Flamenco music if anyone has any!

----------------------------
dreaming the days away.....

#22947 - 05/14/04 07:44 PM Re: Andalucia side trips?
vicki Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
Try here: flamenco discussion . There were some recommendations for Granada that I think are less touristy. El Arenal the night I went in Sevilla was about 1/2 Spanish tourists and 1/2 other tourists, from what I could tell.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Mario70
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2049 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments