Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#22896 - 05/03/04 12:27 PM Madrid - Arabic baths
la calma Offline

Loc: Germany
Hola a todos from Madrid!

...now I can finally give something back to this board, this useful source of information which made my trip a lot easier so far!

If you are in town and yor feet ache from "hoofing" around town (I like that expression), check this out:
The Medina Mayrit Arabic Baths on Calle Atocha 14, right off Pl San Jacinto Benavente (www.hammamspain.com)
All you need to bring is a bathing suit and 1,5 hrs of time(they provide towels, shampoo and soap).
For 25 Euros you get access to the baths, including an massage. The bath itself is located in the basement of the building, beautifully decorated with terracotta walls, skylights and candles. You just float in the warm water, then go on to the hot pool, to the steam room after that, before refreshing yourself in the cool water pool. And just when you think, it cannot get any better than this, a friendly person calls you for your massage. This is a 15 minute affair, but its great. I asked for a leg massage only and felt truly renewed after that.

There is a small restaurant above, which caters meals and tea, at the weekends you can combine your bath with dinner and a show of oriental dance, which then costs 45 Euros.

Even for a big spa lover like me this was something special. I felt clean, refreshed and relaxed afterwards and wanted to share this with you. Enjoy!
smile
Saludos,
La Calma

#22897 - 05/03/04 03:17 PM Re: Madrid - Arabic baths
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
La Calma, thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. I've been checking their website over the past few months with the idea of visiting their bath in Cordoba, and I'm thrilled to see some feedback on the one in Madrid, which I now also want to visit! I don't think it's been open very long. These kinds of personal reviews are SO helpful - thanks!

#22898 - 05/06/04 11:34 AM Re: Madrid - Arabic baths
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
It sounds similar to the baths I went to in Granada at Christmas - BANOS ARABES

A truly heavenly experience. Every bit of it, from the varying temperatures of each pool,the exotic aromas, the soothing sounds, the mint tea and the overall serenity to the exilaration of the massage.

I have never glowed so much in my life cool

Thanks La Calma

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
pablo80, pikkmees, ValLynn
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1648 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments