Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#22802 - 04/12/04 09:51 PM recommendations on andalucia
teresita Offline

Loc: nashville
looking for a town with a great hotel located in the 'historic city center' in Andalucia. My husband and I are taking our two teenage daughters to Spain for their first time this June. We are spending a week in Madrid, then to Segovia, then driving down to Sevilla for a few days. specifically a town that the girls can walk around on their own and sightsee, explore, etc. with and without us.
Criteria: hotel 4 star, located in historic city center, easy access to get in and out of for day trips, not too (trafficky) busy or touristy but interesting enough for the teenagers.

IF you have any recommendations for this or for any activities that our teenage girls would enjoy in Madrid, Segovia, Sevilla, please let us know.

#22803 - 04/12/04 11:12 PM Re: recommendations on andalucia
Sheryl Offline

Loc: Lowell, Massachusetts
My favorite city in Andalucía, without a doubt, is Granada. There is nothing like it.

How old are your daughters? It doesn't matter all that much...they'll be very safe...as long as they are "somewhat" street smart. All in all, however, the city is very safe.

Two years ago I stayed at a wonderful Hotel...the Aben Humeya (www.eel.es/granada/hotels/aben/aben.htm). It's in a very good location. The rooms were huge. They also had an extremely reasonable and good restaurant within it.

As to the price...I'm not too sure. When I went they had just converted to the Euro system and I had already prepaid for the stay (I was there for an international conference) with a reduced rate.

All of us who stayed at the hotel were extremely content...more so than those who stayed up the street at the more expensive one.

Give it look and see.

Hope this helps,

Sheryl

#22804 - 04/13/04 05:43 AM Re: recommendations on andalucia
nerjaman Offline

Loc: UK
Oh yes! Granada. You couldn't make a better choice in my opinion.

#22805 - 04/21/04 08:01 PM Re: recommendations on andalucia
Meadow Offline

Loc: CA, USA
Granada is wonderful. Hostal Meridiano is my suggestion. Good location, great staff, clean & inexpensive.

#22806 - 04/22/04 08:25 AM Re: recommendations on andalucia
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
I'l say it again, GRANADA! Absolutely my favorite place in Spain, and maybe anywhere in the world for that matter! (Ok so i may be a little biased having lived there last year rolleyes ) Anything you wanna know about Granada, send it my way smile
Kelly

#22807 - 04/22/04 08:46 AM Re: recommendations on andalucia
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I agree that Granada is a must see. We spent 8 hours on the grounds of the Alhambra. The Generalife gardens are incredible and my two kids never lost interest. We also went to the San Nicolas Mirador to watch the sunset. My daughter was thrilled to see not only a performance by gypsies but a wedding party from the nearby chapel. After the wedding they all came to the Mirador for photos and to watch the sunset. It was fun to see the new couple, their friends and family!!!

If you want a place where the kids can roam, go to Toledo!! It is very safe and my kids love to begin each trip there. We have sound a small hostal with a small pool and it always has been a great start to each trip. Madrid is not a great city in which to allow the kids roam about alone!! Like any big city, it has more issues than the smaller towns. I have written several times about Toledo so perhaps you can do a search and find those old threads.

#22808 - 04/22/04 08:49 AM Re: recommendations on andalucia
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Another great place is Ronda. There is not a lot to do there but it is very safe. We did the caves outside of town and spent lots of time exploring little hidden streets. The Bull fighting museum is interesting as well, but other than that there is not much else to do.

#22809 - 04/22/04 11:47 AM Re: recommendations on andalucia
Silvita Offline

Loc: Chicago
Hands down, GRANADA. The Alhambra is something everyone should see once in their lives. Additionally, interesting and magical neighborhoods like the Albaycín, as well as Sacromonte are places that will keep your daughters' attention.

It's a short train ride from Sevilla and the scenery is beautiful. Don't miss it.

#22810 - 04/22/04 06:21 PM Re: recommendations on andalucia
carlos11 Offline

Loc: Florida,USA
Teresita,
Check out these two Web sites:
www.rusticblue.com/hotels_spain.htm
www.andalucia.com
Good luck!

#22811 - 04/24/04 12:31 AM Re: recommendations on andalucia
teresita Offline

Loc: nashville
Thanks to everyone for the helpful info.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments