Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#22723 - 03/19/04 11:37 AM My Super Travel Itinerary
Joel Villarini Offline

Loc: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Hey everyone, check out my itinerary wink

http://www.joelvillarini.com/spain

I have Barcelona mostly in blank because I'll join a group activity there and follow their schedule.

Tips, Suggestions etc etc etc is all very welcomed and expected smile

Why do I plan it so much? Because I like to vacation during my vacation and not worry about what am I gonna do and plan then... I rather have ease of mind.

I do know everything wont go according to plan and I do include some flexibility in the blank spots etc smile And I also know things will happen and I wont be able to do a few things.

Thanks!!!

Joel

#22724 - 03/19/04 01:39 PM Re: My Super Travel Itinerary
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
Oh my God! I want you to plan all my trips from now on! laugh

Seriously, GRRRRREAT page and everything in your itinerary seems to be perfect and feasible. By the way, is your Barcelona part related to bears? wink

#22725 - 03/19/04 01:51 PM Re: My Super Travel Itinerary
mittens Offline

Loc: Salt Lake City, USA
Joel, I'm impressed with your itinerary! I am an uber-planner myself and my friends think I'm nuts. However, I'm not truly "A-type" - I don't stick to plans exactly - just like to be prepared. MY first trip to Europe was 2002 to France (3 cities). I did the same kind of thing with my itinerary and what I found is that studying and pre-planning as much as I did allowed me to see what I wanted and also not stress about every detail. I was familiar with the location of things, I knew (approximately) where I could find metro stations, and I found I didn't follow my itinerary exactly but planning it helped me SO MUCH to enjoy myself while I was there.

HAVE FUN! (and give us a report when you return with reviews. for instance, i tell people to see other things rather than the Louvre - it's overwhelming for 1 visit).

#22726 - 03/19/04 03:00 PM Re: My Super Travel Itinerary
Joel Villarini Offline

Torrales,

YUP IT IS!!! woof! wink

#22727 - 03/19/04 03:07 PM Re: My Super Travel Itinerary
Joel Villarini Offline

mittens,

I couldnt agree more, I have just as a guide sort of.. youknow just like a way for me to know what to do when to best do it etc.. smile I know i wont do it exactly as it is.

Cmon its a vacation not a military regime wink

#22728 - 03/19/04 04:25 PM Re: My Super Travel Itinerary
ABP Offline

Loc: MADRID
Interesting, but you have to visit at Cordoba the "Museo Julio Romero de Torres".
In Madrid on Sunday after the "Rastro" ,you can have a beer with "tapas" about Plaza Puerta de Moros/Plaza del Humilladero (medieval Madrid).
In Madrid are very interesting the Thyssem museum , Sorolla museum, or to see the Plaza de Las Ventas (a wonderful neo-mudejar bull ring).

#22729 - 03/19/04 11:00 PM Re: My Super Travel Itinerary
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Ahem! Joel Villarini, it seems you'll be in Madrid on Friday, April 16th. Need I remind you wink that THIS is the night of the next "Party with MadridMan in Madrid!"??? Okay. I know. I haven't made it official yet because I don't have the "INFO PAGE" ready just yet (hope to get that together this weekend) but that'll be the night we'll have our gathering. Thing is, I'm still not certain about the location as El Brillante will likely be next to a construction zone of the (roundabout) Glorieta de Atocha.

Have a GREAT time in Spain. I know you will.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#22730 - 03/20/04 05:49 AM Re: My Super Travel Itinerary
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
You left out the restaurant in which you plan to dine in Segovia (I like Meson del Duque); Parc Guell in Barceona; and the Palacio Real in Madrid.

#22731 - 03/20/04 07:25 AM Re: My Super Travel Itinerary
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Very impressive planning Joel! Will you plan my parents´ visit here in August? I hate having to think through things for them! wink In fact, I am going to send them the link to your site so they can see what effective planning can do for them!

I know you said that you will be doing a group activity in Barcelona. However, if you have free time, I highly recommend the tourist bus in Barcelona (as the Madrid Vision tour). A visit to Parc Güell is mandatory!

Have a great trip!

P.S. Just one question, why on earth do you want to go to IKEA???

#22732 - 03/20/04 09:58 AM Re: My Super Travel Itinerary
Joel Villarini Offline

Chica, I plan to go to IKEA cuz I love it and we got not IKEA in Puerto Rico. frown But it's not a major thing I must do you know if it doesn't happen well it wont happen no biggie wink

Eddie,
Im definetely doing Parc Guell and the major Gaudi sights smile I do have some free time around to do my own things w/out the group.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments