Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#22685 - 03/03/04 08:30 PM Problem with Alhambra internet reservations
El Dougo Offline

For those of you who have bought Alhambra tickets on the internet, they refer to a localising, reference, or reservation number. Is this the same as the 11 digit transaction number? Before I was done, a message warned I had not received a reservation number, and instructed me to call their offices. My credit card was charged. I e-mailed the BBVA, and got a standard "please call..." reply. I haven't called yet. My number was not stolen, lost, or mislaid (for which they accept no responsibility), I'm just not sure I got the right magic number.

#22686 - 03/04/04 08:31 PM Re: Problem with Alhambra internet reservations
arbit Offline

I had the same problem. I think what solved it is that you have to book the tickets when THEY are open. So try the hours of 9-5 in Spain (and whatever that translates into where you are) and you should get through.

#22687 - 03/04/04 11:20 PM Re: Problem with Alhambra internet reservations
El Dougo Offline

The thing is, I probably have tickets ("my credit card was charged"). I received a Transaction N° (11 digits), but before I checked out, it said I hadn't received a reservation number. So I'm wondering if the Transaction N° is the reservation number, and the warning about no reservation number was a bogus website thing. On the page with the Alhambra ticket,
http://www.vivagranada.com/alhambratickets.htm I see an 11 digit number in the upper left: is this the reservation/reference/localising = Transaction N° ? In an old thread, there's mention about getting a wrong number (though they were admitted). My question is, is the Transaction N° the magic number?

#22688 - 03/05/04 03:33 AM Re: Problem with Alhambra internet reservations
sookkwan Offline

Loc: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
the same thing happened to me abt a month ago. after fretting about it, i decided to call them - try them at 9am, spain time. call was answered immediately and i was given my reservation number.

good luck!

#22689 - 03/11/04 09:15 AM Re: Problem with Alhambra internet reservations
El Dougo Offline

The Transaction N° is NOT the reservation number. If you are asked to call 34-91-537-91-78 do so IMMEDIATELY . I had a 08:30 reservation, or so I thought, (they debited my credit card!!) made on March 1, for May 12, but today (Mar. 11) I called: I have no reservation, and must take a 14:00 entrance time.
I got an 11 digit-2 alpha reservation number. Lesson: make your reservations early, during Spain business hours, call immediately if there's a problem. To add insult to injury, the price for two tickets went up from 17,76 € to 21,30 € during those 10 days!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2283 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments