Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#22639 - 04/23/04 08:23 AM Re: Madrid Daytrip: Segovia or Toledo???
Joel Villarini Offline

Loc: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Chose Segovia!

One of Toledo's major attractions the Alcazar is closed for renovations.. so you only have the cathedral, el greco museum and the synagogues... but still its worth a visit if you're into anything medieval... smile

#22640 - 04/23/04 08:56 AM Re: Madrid Daytrip: Segovia or Toledo???
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
ONLY!!!!!!! eek eek The Alcázar is not even on my main list of important things to do!!!!!!

Toledo has wonderful streets which you can roam for days. It also has the Claves de Toledo, a new exhibition relating the history of the city and Spain, there are usually a number of temporary exhibits which are wonderful. In February they had a cool exhibit on the Talavera pottery with gorgeous ancient pieces. It is a cultural center with lots happening. Check with the TI to see what is currently happening!!! It also has 6 km of ancient walls with original bridges and ports of entry. The ancient gates are massive and incredible.

I have never waited in line to do things because I stay in Toledo and do them before and after the tour buses leave. During the few hours that the tour buses are there, I do other things.

I have now spent about 14 days in Toledo and am still finding new things to do. I always start my trips there because it is so 'user friendly'. It is easy to get to by bus from Madrid and we find it to be fun and relaxing.

I just planned a 10 and a 12 day trip for two sets of friends and had them start in Toledo. One group was a family with two kids and the other was a couple in their 40s and none of them spoke Spanish. Both groups felt that Toledo was one of the best parts of their trìp. It was one of the only places where the kids could run free.

Segovia is nice and I found it to be a wonderful daytrip from Madrid. Toledo is much more than a daytrip if you really want to get the flavor of the city. Segovia is certainly best for roast piglet, but Toledo has good normal food and a great seafood restuarante.

They are very different experiences and I consider both to be important. If you just have a day, either one works. If you can do two day trips, I might do both. If you are looking for a place to sit and enjoy for a couple days or more, I would go to Toledo.

I will be back in Toledo in June and maybe July for a couple more days!!!! laugh laugh

#22641 - 04/23/04 12:15 PM Re: Madrid Daytrip: Segovia or Toledo???
kungfukid Offline

Sorry for replying so late...
In fact, i had forgotten about this post if not that Madridman sent me a private message.
tnx for all of u who provided so much infos. unfortunately or well regretfully, i didn't go to neither Toledo nor Segovia thanks to the weather during my stay in Madrid. i had only 3 days in Madrid n it rained for the first n second day. we merely visited all the interesting places in Madrid n we're forced to forfeit our foreplanned trip to Toledo. what a miss!!!! however, i love Madrid, 3 days in Madrid had given me a lot, i will certainly go back one day.

#22642 - 04/23/04 02:48 PM Re: Madrid Daytrip: Segovia or Toledo???
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Sorry to hear you missed-out, kungfukid. I/We do hope you'll be able to return someday. smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#22643 - 07/11/05 10:59 AM Re: Madrid Daytrip: Segovia or Toledo???
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
MadridMan

I enjoyed reading about your trip to Segovia. It is so good of a story when I go back to Madrid this coming September I will be visiting Segovia as a daytrip. smile

Bill

#22644 - 07/11/05 12:44 PM Re: Madrid Daytrip: Segovia or Toledo???
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Glad to hear it, Bill from NYC. Have a GREAT time in Segovia.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1623 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments