Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#22617 - 02/20/04 10:00 AM Madrid to Toledo or Segovia-Which is more tiring as a daytrip?
Joel Villarini Offline

Loc: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Im doing Segovia and Toledo as separate daytrips out of Madrid.

One of the two days I have reserved for a daytrip is a saturday, and I might want to go out later that saturday night. So.. which one is less tiring? So I can do it that saturday. The day for the other daytrip is a wednesday.

Or then again I go do both daytrips back 2 back wednesday and thursday?.

Also is there like a day where more tourists go to either place?

Thanks so much!

Joel

ps. Ill post my itinerary soon for everyone to check out and give me pointers smile

#22618 - 02/20/04 04:11 PM Re: Madrid to Toledo or Segovia-Which is more tiring as a daytrip?
almohada Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi Joel,
Toledo can be very tiring IF you try to see everything. I would frontload the fatigue. Find two cool/interesting places to go, such as the Cathedral (magnificent) and the Museo Sefardi (which I found fascinating). The rest of the time--DON't try to see everything. Enjoy the moment. My wife came out from the US. We had a very quaint dinner at the Art Cafe, one of the collest experience from an owner passionate about his food and wine. Wonderful.

If you have more time, add one or two extra things per day. Otherwise you miss the quinessential soul of Spain.
Best, A

#22619 - 02/23/04 05:52 PM Re: Madrid to Toledo or Segovia-Which is more tiring as a daytrip?
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Well, Segovia is further than Toledo. So that makes the journey more tiring. Furthermore, if you go to Segovia you can't miss a visit to the Royal Palace at La Granja de San Ildefonso (I think it's 11 km. from Segovia).

Anyway, Segovia is now connected to Madrid direct by highway so I guess it takes less time to get there.

Both Toledo and Segovia are very well linked by bus (there are buses every 30 minutes).

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Mario70
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2019 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments