MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#22559 - 02/09/04 06:23 PM Alhambra tickets
almohada Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi all,
I am all set to buy my tickets on http://www.alhambratickets.com for the Alhambra in April, when I saw listings for three types of tickets??!!! Day, night, and garden.

We will definitely buy two pairs of day tickets. But what about night tickets? Are they an extra 8 Euros each? And even more for the garden? or is that included?

Sorry for my naivete. Just could not find any desciption of ticket choices. I started thinking they might have gone the route of Hearst Castle, where you have to go half a dizen times to see the whole thing (and pay for 6 separate tickets).

Thanks!!!

#22560 - 02/09/04 07:56 PM Re: Alhambra tickets
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
On the site @ http://www.alhambratickets.com , click on your language version first, then click the TICKETS tab, then at left click the link for TYPES OF TICKETS. There, you'll see the different... ummm.. types of tickets! wink

I'll copy and paste the info for you here:

Types of Tickets

1. General day-time visits:

This includes the visitable areas in the Alcazaba, the Nasrid Palaces and the Generalife.

You will be admitted to these visitable areas within the time established for the type of ticket you have acquired (morning, afternoon or night), once inside any one of these areas you may stay until it closes.

(Monday to Sunday) November to February March to October

Morning ticket 8:30 to 14:00 8:30 to 14:00

Afternoon ticket 14:00 to 18:00 14:00 to 20:00

2. Visit to the gardens:

During the day visit it also possible to acquire a type of ticket which allows you to visit the main garden areas of the Monument.

(Monday to Sunday) November to February March to October

Morning ticket 8.30 to 14.00 8.30 to 14.00

Afternoon ticket 14.00 to 18.00 14.00 to 20.00

This ticket does not include the visit to the Nasrid Palaces or the Patio de la Acequia.
This ticket may only be reserved in branches of the Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria Bank or through telephone bank

3. Night Visit:

This only includes the visitable areas of the Nasrid Palaces.

Admittance to the Nasrid palaces is limited to the times indicated on the ticket, once inside you may stay there until closing time.

November to February March to October

Friday and Saturday: 20:00 to 21:30

Every day except Sundays and Mondays. 22:00 to 23:30

This ticket does not carry the right to visit the Monument during the day-time.

NOTE: This information is supplied by the Patronato of the Alhambra and the Generalife.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#22561 - 02/10/04 02:08 PM Re: Alhambra tickets
almohada Offline

Loc: Madrid
HI MM,
Sorry that I sounded so dense with the first post. I did realize that there were three tickets, but what I wanted to ask folks is which tickets are the best deal. I am thinking that the gardens must be of the "Gardens only, not the whole shebang" variety. I was under the impression that the ALhambra was open at night, I just didn't realize that we would have to get separate tickets. But are the night tickets just for the Palacio and we can still stroll the grounds?? These questions were more the type I was wondering about.

And MM, thanks again for this website. This blows doors on any travel website I have ever seen, as well as on any travel book I have on Spain. Nothing like real-time, baby! And a pat on the back to everyone on the boards here. So civilized and mature--really an extension of the good vibes I have had in Spain since I arrived 6 weeks ago.

Cheers, A

#22562 - 02/13/04 06:33 AM Re: Alhambra tickets
PFitz Offline

Loc: north carolina
The Night tickets definately cost extra and I'm pretty sure it's only for the nasrid palaces. I didn't go at night so i'm not positive. As for the garden tickets, those are definately only for the gardens and don't allow entrance to the nasrid palaces, the alcazaba, nor generalife. There were people standing at the entry to each of those places tearing the tickets. With the garden ticket you can go to the palacio de Carlos V and the ruins of the first Arab city. The €8 price is really a good deal!! I LOVED the alhambra and it was absolutely breathtaking!! I'm so glad you're going!! you'll love it!! if you're going to stay the night..be sure to do the "paseo de los tristes"..you walk up this old street in the valley between the alhambra and the Albaicín(the old Arab neighborhood which is also worth going to!)..you can see the Alhambra all lit up.it was breathtaking. I just sat there for a good 15 minutes just staring at it! As you can tell, I loved Granada!!

#22563 - 02/13/04 10:38 AM Re: Alhambra tickets
liz49 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, OH
I definitely recommend a night time visit--in addition to a full daytime visit. I've been to the Alhambra three times. The first two times I did the full daytime visits. On my third trip we did the daytime visit--still loved every minute of it even though I'd done it before. But the night time visit is truly spectacular. The crowds are gone (they only sell a limited number), they only do minimal lighting inside the palace, and it's really an entirely different, breakthtaking experience.

But I would emphasize that I would do both day and night. In some ways it takes a daytime visit to really appreciate the nighttime one.

#22564 - 02/13/04 09:26 PM Re: Alhambra tickets
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
I have to agree that both a night visit and day trip are essential. The night visit is excellent because it is very quiet and there are few visitors...it can really get your imaging going on what it must have been like. The colors inside looked so different from the day too. It was really a must see.

#22565 - 02/17/04 08:35 AM Re: Alhambra tickets
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
[originally posted by Au
on 02-17-2004 05:52 AM Regarding NIGHT VISITS to the Alhambra]

Depending on whether i cover Granada first or later, I may not be able to visit the Alhambra at night (10pm to 1130pm) come March 04 as it's not available on Sun and Mon nights.

I would like to know whether...if i do the afternoon visit from 2pm to 8pm, would I be in a way able to see the lit-up insides of Alhambra as the sky would have darkened around 7pm? yes? No?

Next...if we do the night till 1130pm, would it be dangerous for just me and my husband to walk down from the Alhambra at that time ? Or the place would still be pretty alive ?

Thank you very much!!!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#22566 - 02/20/04 09:32 PM Re: Alhambra tickets
Floroz Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
It's a very long, steep, down hill walk, woodsy...night time would be scary. The bus runs often, I would definitely do that. The view from the old city across from the Alhambra in the early evening is beautiful. We were there on a weekend, a great little bar was open, we enjoyed a drink while watching the lights of the Alhambra come on, it was perfect! We went back the next night...bar was closed and no lights, so apparently it's not lit up every night. I know you will enjoy Granada!

#22567 - 02/22/04 02:32 PM Re: Alhambra tickets
jvnlb Offline

Loc: Long Beach, CA
I am curious about the best time to visit the Alhambra. I will be there 28 April, (Wednesday). What is the best time to avoid the tour buses and / or the worst of the crowds? I have never been so must see it during the day time, as suggested in other posts. Therefore,should I purchase tickets for the first entry time, or is it better to purchase tickets with an entry time between 2 and 4 pm? Any suggestions are appreciated as I want to purchase the tickets long before arriving, so as to avoid being sold out. Thanks!! laugh

#22568 - 02/22/04 08:25 PM Re: Alhambra tickets
Au Offline

Loc: Singapore
Yes, I would like to know the same thing as above too. I also wonder, if i book the tixs in the web as entry time 3pm, does that mean I must collect the tixs and enter around 3pm?

Finally - I secure my hostal booking for Granada with Hostal Nuevas Naciones Granada! Francisco has been most prompt and helpful in his email responses to me and i am sure me and husband will enjoy our stay there!

Next in line will be securing the Alhambra tixs ! And yes - we will do both the day and night trips!!! smile

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cruz70, e-man, Jaybe, kittygregg
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1621 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments