Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#22515 - 01/24/04 04:46 AM Rhonda or Aragon?
Au Offline

Loc: Singapore
We have decided on staying overnights for these main cities/towns : Madrid, BCN, Granada, Toledo & Girona. Day trips will include Segovia, Monsterrat... for now. We have about 2 and half weeks

However from the guidebooks we saw beautiful hilly/ mountain areas...namely the regions of Rhonda & Aragon. We thought maybe to squeeze in 2 nights for one of them...please, can anyone shared his/her experience...where to stay to enjoy the great mountain scenery? Thank you!

#22516 - 01/24/04 06:01 AM Re: Rhonda or Aragon?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
That's Ronda (i.e., not Rhonda eek )!

It depends on the time of year: In winter months Ronda might be your better choice (unless you are into skiing or snowboarding); in Spring and summer, Aragon might be much more scenic than Andalucia, even the 'white towns' like Ronda. Although it has been said that Ronda is one of the most beautiful places in Spain. cool

Esperanza had some nice info about Aragon & her visit there last year ... rolleyes

#22517 - 01/25/04 10:20 AM Re: Rhonda or Aragon?
Au Offline

Tks so much for responding again, Eddie! Would you mind telling me where to locate Esp's aragonese experience? I did a search and couldn't really locate it.

And yes, you are right, it's Ronda.... laugh

I did more reading n indeed, Aragonese regions seem breathtaking....what kind of weather would it be in March?

Then again....the Ronda town looks charming & inviting...

Appreciate all inputs ! Thanks!!!

#22518 - 01/25/04 11:39 AM Re: Rhonda or Aragon?
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Hi there! Here is the post I think Eddie mentioned: Jaca in July If you have any questions, just ask away!

I really enjoyed Aragon. It was an area in Spain that I had not really explored before. The Pyrennees are beautiful. The cities of Huesca and Zaragoza are definitely worth checking out. The small towns are lovely. San Juan de la Peña monastery is a wonderful place to see. I love northern Spain, so I would stay in the north if I were you. Enjoy!!!
esperanza

#22519 - 01/25/04 03:14 PM Re: Rhonda or Aragon?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Mil Gracias, Esperanza! I love the Jota Aragonesa (especially la de la Dolores, la flor de Calatayud). And let's not forget Fuendetodos, birthplace of Francisco de Goya y Lucientes. He also did some of the Frescos in the Virgen del Pilar Cathedral there in Zaragoza. cool

#22520 - 01/26/04 03:09 AM Re: Rhonda or Aragon?
Au Offline

Gracias...Esperanza & Eddie! I think we would go for Aragon and not Ronda! But would Mar be too cold for Aragon? Tks!

#22521 - 02/03/04 11:53 AM Re: Rhonda or Aragon?
Chus Offline

Loc: Charlotte, N.C., USA
You can expect any kind of weather in March. Depending on the year could be freezing or rainy, usually is cold so take warm clothes with you.

Here are a few sites that may help you:
Tourist office for Zaragoza’s city hall http://turismo.ayto-zaragoza.es/ingles/!pag1bing.htm

Aragon government (in Spanish) http://www.turismodearagon.com/web/home.asp (it has a little box on the right side of the screen with temperatures for the 3 mayor cities in Aragon)

This one is for one of the local credit unions in Aragon but it has great tourist info. Don’t miss the photo gallery!! Also temperature chart (in ºC) http://www.caiaragon.com/en/index.asp

Hope this info helps you. I’m from Zaragoza so I know the area a little bit, just let me know if I can help you with anything else. Have a great time!!!

Chus

#22522 - 02/16/04 04:50 AM Re: Rhonda or Aragon?
Samsonite Offline

I have not been to Aragon but I definitely recommend Ronda. Most visitors come on tour buses and stay for a few hours so the locals really seem to appreciate and welcome the overnight visitor.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
galaxy, gazpacho
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1885 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments