Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#22490 - 01/19/04 07:31 AM Re: My honeymoon itinerary from 7 Mar 04....
Au Offline

Loc: Singapore
Tks Aidance for the info laugh

Tks Ignacio for the heads up! well...just hope to have luck to watch the match!

Ooohh...I can't wait for Mar 04 to come soon!

#22491 - 02/03/04 07:37 PM Re: My honeymoon itinerary from 7 Mar 04....
Chiyo Offline

Hi Au,

Frm SIN too !!! Hey I m going to Spain Mar 24th for honeymoon too.. Ermm, not exactly e type of luxury honeymooners' style but more of "backpacking" style too ....

U r exactly 1 mth away frm ur trip.. Mine is +20 days more...

Aidance, thanks for suggesting abt overnight at Montserrat... I can absolutely imagine how lovely it wld be..

#22492 - 02/03/04 07:45 PM Re: My honeymoon itinerary from 7 Mar 04....
Chiyo Offline

Oopss.. forgot to ask Au

R u travelling by train/plane/bus, between the various destinatios in Spain ?

A travel agent quoted me US$209 for a flight frm MAD TO BCN... I thought it must be ridiculous. I plan to travel by the night train

#22493 - 02/04/04 04:01 AM Re: My honeymoon itinerary from 7 Mar 04....
Au Offline

Hi Chiyo!

lovely! in fact by setting off in late Mar you would hv better weather!

We are covering madrid, toledo, granada, barcelona, and girona. Still trying to squeeze in one more of the green regions - either ronda in southern spain Or the pyrenees in northern spain.

For air tix from madrid to BCN, you should register and book on-line with Spain domestic flight company, Iberia - www.iberia.com

Have fun!

#22494 - 02/04/04 10:33 AM Re: My honeymoon itinerary from 7 Mar 04....
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
AU
You asked about Green Spain and another place to visit, but at this point I no longer know for certain what your planned itinerary is. Since those places are so different, it is difficult to give an opinion.

My preference when I travel is to spend some time in each place. It is no fun to be always running from place to place without ever taking time to savor the atmosphere. Spain has much more to offer than just sightseeing. Our favorite adventures have been those which have just happened and they happened because we did not have too much planned. We even got to spend a day sailing with some folks we met from England. laugh It was an incredible day on a 40 foot sail boat that the owner, a carpenter, had made himself. It would never have happened if we had had a tight schedule.

Relax and spend some time wandering. While you are there, you will find things that interest you that right now, you do not even know exist. I would have the frame work planned and leave the extra days for whatever..... wink

Only a week until I head to Spain!!

#22495 - 02/04/04 10:17 PM Re: My honeymoon itinerary from 7 Mar 04....
Au Offline

Sel, tks so much for your response! You are right about having the framework planned out and leaving a few days in between...just that being first timers to Spain we are anxious about working out the trip details to be on the safe side...and also trying to cover a few different places at one shot...hopefully to return in future to spend more time in our fav town/city.
laugh
Right now we have madrid, toledo, granada, bacelona and girona. We would like to add in one of the green spain - either ronda, aragonese pyrenees, or the asturias regions....
Wee one month away from our trip!!! Will do more research and see how...perhaps we may add extra days to explore around Girona...
Thanks!

#22496 - 02/04/04 10:24 PM Re: My honeymoon itinerary from 7 Mar 04....
Au Offline

Oops...sorry for the above...I meant to say that we would liek to add in just one more region - either ronda, northern green spain, or the aragonese pyrenees regions...tks!

#22497 - 02/05/04 01:18 AM Re: My honeymoon itinerary from 7 Mar 04....
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
Au, I hope you made a mistake in your last post. Did you really take Seville out of your itinerary?! Shame on you wink Put it back in--it is one of the most romantic cities in Spain. You can't miss it. As I've said before, even though Seville is not my most favorite place in Spain, I still think that if a person can set foot in Spain for only one day of his life, it should be Seville. Then, if you have time go check out Arcos de la Frontera and/or Grazalema. Northern Spain really is a separate trip, best for summer. And definitely worth it. I so envy you going to Spain for your honeymoon.....

#22498 - 02/05/04 01:20 AM Re: My honeymoon itinerary from 7 Mar 04....
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
Au, I hope you made a mistake in your last post. Did you really take Seville out of your itinerary?! Shame on you wink Put it back in--it is one of the most romantic cities in Spain. You can't miss it. As I've said before, even though Seville is not my most favorite place in Spain, I still think that if a person can set foot in Spain for only one day of his life, it should be Seville. Then, if you have time go check out Arcos de la Frontera and/or Grazalema. Northern Spain really is a separate trip, best for summer. And definitely worth it. I so envy you going to Spain for your honeymoon.....

#22499 - 02/05/04 01:50 AM Re: My honeymoon itinerary from 7 Mar 04....
Au Offline

Yes...indeed...Aidance...took out Sevilla...husband already 'complain' that i am trying to squeeze in too many places!!! eek

In such a dilemma!!! We have about 2 and half weeks...and there are so many lovely places in Spain to go!

Husband preferred some greeneries...hence...since we already covered some major cities like Madrid, BCN, and Granada...i thought to take out Sevilla to make time for one region with lush hills/mountains.

Or should I have taken out Granada? confused

Still, tks Aidance!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
galaxy, gazpacho
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1798 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments