Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#22243 - 10/07/03 09:43 PM Itinerary help: 7 days- Madrid and ???
johnpan Offline

Loc: texas
Hello everyone.

I'll be going to Madrid over spring break for a week. I figure that I will spend 3 to 4 days in Madrid and one or two to Toledo and Segovia on daytrips. What should I do the other 2 days? I was thinking of flying to Granada, exploring the city, and then going skiing nearby. Would it be worth it to take a day trip to Tangiers? Or would it be a better option to fly to Barcelona and spend two days there? Is there skiiing near Barcelona, or is there skiiing near Madrid for that matter? I also thought about flying out to the Canary islands or Ibiza, but I fear it will be too cold. Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

John

#22244 - 10/08/03 07:44 AM Re: Itinerary help: 7 days- Madrid and ???
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
We often visited Spain the week of Spring Break but it was also always the week before Easter (Apr 11 in 2004). Once, we took an early AVE (7:30 AM) to Sevila on Good Friday. From Santa Justa station we caught an 'Exterior Loop' bus to el Portal de la Macarena and watched the Procession return to the Basilica (beginningabout 11 AM). Then we went back downtown to the Cathedral area, saw a few more processions did a bit of sightseeing and bought some souvenirs from street vendors.

A daytrip to Sevilla is possible and there's a 25% discount for 'same day return.' We caught the 8:00 PM AVE back to Madrid.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2441 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments