Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#22199 - 08/27/03 09:20 AM Ronda info please
Floroz Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I'm going to spend a few days in Granada at the end of Sep. Traveling alone, depending on public transportation, is it possible to get to Ronda from Granada as a day trip? Is there bus service? Since I have such a limited time, perhaps I'm better off to just stay in Granada??
I'm sure there is plenty to see and do. I appreciate any thoughts anyone may have on the subject.

#22200 - 08/27/03 09:44 AM Re: Ronda info please
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
You could probably do it on the "Andalucia express" (train) which I think takes about 3 hours. Check out the RENFE site, Granada - Algeciras, for times.

#22201 - 08/27/03 09:47 AM Re: Ronda info please
La Sorpresa Offline

Loc: Naples, FL - USA
Ronda is one of the most breathtakingly beautiful cities I have visited in Spain. I you go for more than a day trip (there are a LOT of those) I can fully recommend Hotel San Gabriel . I stayed there 2 years ago and it is a gorgeous hotel that is family run. The oldest son speaks english very well, also. It is just over the bridge on the quiet side of town. It even has a wine cellar and small movie theater. Don't miss the tour of the bullring and bullfight museum.

Happy Travels!

#22202 - 08/27/03 04:04 PM Re: Ronda info please
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain
It is worth going to Ronda (I'm a big fan - I have a house there). There is a train from Granada too so you should be able to make it. It's worth spending a night. If you don't want to break the bank, try Hostal Ronda Sol on Calle Almendra, 11. (tel: 952 87 44 97). A double is just 18 euros, a single half that.
Have fun.

#22203 - 08/27/03 07:58 PM Re: Ronda info please
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
I too think Ronda is a beautiful town that is well worth the visit! In fact, I think I posted a rather glowing message about my trip there several years ago! While I love Granada, I must say the fact that you can cover virtually all of Ronda easily by foot makes it pretty special! By all means, go!!

#22204 - 08/27/03 08:02 PM Re: Ronda info please
Floroz Offline

Thanks everyone for the input....I know that I must go to Ronda!! I've been to the suggested websites for transportation and find nothing that lists Ronda as a destination. Once I
get to Granada I suppose I can inquire there as to how to get to Ronda, hoping that advance reservations won't be necessary. Thanks again!

#22205 - 08/29/03 05:19 AM Re: Ronda info please
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
Floroz - you can get the info. from the Renfe site. For some reason Ronda does not appear, so you have to enter:
Depart from: Granada
Desination: Algeciras.

When the timetable appears you click on the
route ("Andalucia Express") , and all the stops
on the route with times will appear. There you should find Ronda.

Although you're short of time I would also recommend staying overnight in Ronda. It is beautiful to walk around at night, and much less touristy as the day trippers up from the coast go home.

It is also delightful first thing in the morning, before the day starts to heat up.

#22206 - 08/29/03 07:10 AM Re: Ronda info please
Floroz Offline

Thanks El Boqueron! I appreciate your help. I finally found the Renfe site in English! http://www.renfe.es/ingles/index.html you're right, Ronda doesn't appear, but there is a box in which to put the last 3 letters "nda"...and it all comes up!
If anyone is interested, I also found a good website on Granada: http://granadainfo.com/granadatravel.htm

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments