Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#22107 - 07/07/03 05:41 PM Best Places Live/Retire
traveldog3 Offline

Loc: zurich, switzerland
Recently there was an article on money.cnn.com on best places to retire (see http://money.cnn.com/best/bpretire/) which listed for example Ann Arbor, Michigan; St. George, Utah; or La Paz, Mexico as great places to retire.

To you who follow the press in Spain: have you run across this kind of an article recently on "best places in Spain"? What was the gist, any links, do you remember what cities were listed, which Spanish mag might cover this kind of topic (so that I can keep an eye out)?

Thanks,
traveldog3

#22108 - 07/07/03 10:28 PM Re: Best Places Live/Retire
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Hello,traveldog3,

We share an interest. I too am looking for a quiet village with good bus lines available and near a train station, preferably in Northern Spain. I believe I have found it in Aviles, Asturias. I have a few cousins that live there and after looking at the housing market in other areas, I've found that Aviles is the town for me.
I searched "google" for housing prices in several towns, and found that Asturias is a very resonable area to either lease, buy or build a small 2 bdr/2bath cottage or piso.

My questions now center around the type of visa I will need to live there without being hassled. Let me know what you find. Good luck on your search!
Carmen smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1941 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments