Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#21977 - 05/08/03 01:39 PM Running of the Bulls / Pamplona - parking
Lindsaywmoore Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA USA
hello all... well, i'm planning another trip to spain -- two years since my last one & i'm long overdue.

I'll be there for a few weeks in July & am planning on renting a car & driving with some friends from madrid to pamplona. We'll be arriving on the 12th (with just a few days left in the San Fermines).. I know it will be crazy, but I was wondering if anyone else has taken a car to Pamplona during this festival & if you have any parking suggestions??? Is there anything I need to do ahead of time, or is it just each man for himself???

I'd love some suggestions! Thanks, lindsay

#21978 - 05/08/03 01:58 PM Re: Running of the Bulls / Pamplona - parking
zefiros Offline

Loc: oregon
I"m going to be in San Se at that time and was thinking about going to Pamplona for the running of the bulls as well...but I hear it is a nutso time all round!

#21979 - 05/08/03 05:22 PM Re: Running of the Bulls / Pamplona - parking
ELECTRACITY Offline

Loc: CANADA
Parking on the street (within reason)is free throughout San Fermines...If you find a spot. If you do you could return to find your car blocked in when your ready to leave.
Also good idea to retract mirrors, antenna, leave nothing in sight etc. If I had to drive (rent)... I would buy the supplemental insurance, and park well on the outskirts of Pamplona, (outlying districts) and perhaps pay for parking and bus in.

#21980 - 05/13/03 01:14 PM Re: Running of the Bulls / Pamplona - parking
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
You should be able to park in the Txantrea area (or another residential area), with a varying distance to the action in the Casco Viejo (not a bad little walk from Txantrea).

Nevertheless, the hint to park away and take the bus is the best plan. Your car will be fine...and even if you can't find a bus, you can always take a taxi to your car. confused That sems a bit odd, doesn't it?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2283 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments