Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#21827 - 03/12/03 02:33 PM When is best to visit the Alhambra?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
I reviewed the pertinent messages then checked out the website for reserving tickets in advance. In May, the morning schedule is 8-2 and afternoon 2-8. Is there a preferable time to visit (perhaps afternoon so as to include sunset)?

It's been many years since we were last there. You would be astonished to see the photos of ONLY our two friends and us in El Patio de los Leones. Things sure were different then!! --CC

#21828 - 03/12/03 09:01 PM Re: When is best to visit the Alhambra?
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
I took the earliest time when I visited in Oct 2001. It was wonderful because the tour groups didn't show up until around 9 a.m. so it wasn't as swamped by tourists. I was actually able to snap several pictures without anyone in them. We visited the gardens later in the morning and it was already crowded.

I don't know about the later times in day though. Perhaps after 5 or 6 the tour groups (especially the day trippers) would be gone.

I don't know if this is available in May, but we also took a night tour of the Alhambra. It was remarkable how everything looked different at night. We visited at 10 pm. Then we did practically have the place to ourselves. It was storming also and was a little spooky but an unbelievable experience.

#21829 - 03/12/03 09:05 PM Re: When is best to visit the Alhambra?
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Carole,
I had the sweetest, coldest drink of water in an outside faucet of the Alhambra palace. This was some years ago in late May. The flowers were in bloom and there wasn't the overwhelming number of tourists that you see in the Summer.

If I were to go again, I would try going again in the late Spring!

#21830 - 03/12/03 11:33 PM Re: When is best to visit the Alhambra?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
CathyM, wow! You went at 10pm??! And it was storming? That would be spooky! According to http://www.AlhambraTickets.com :

March to October

Daytime visits (*)

Monday to Sunday: 8:30 am to 8:00 pm
The Palacios Nazaríes can be visited only during the time slot indicated on the ticket.
Ticket office: 8:00 am to 7:00 pm

Evening visits

Tuesday to Saturday: 10:00 pm to 11:30 pm
Visits to the Palacios Nazaríes are from 10:00 pm to 10:45 pm and are strictly limited to the time slot indicated on the ticket.
Ticket office: 9:30 pm to 10:30 pm

I'd LOVE to do this! Especially if the moon was fulllll... oooooooooh. eek hehehee...

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#21831 - 03/14/03 07:23 AM Re: When is best to visit the Alhambra?
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Night visits to the Alhambra? Oh I have to do this before my semester is up!! Thanks for the info! The first time I went was in January, it was raining and freezing cold!! Went back just last week, and it was absolutely beautiful.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments