Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#21818 - 03/11/03 06:51 PM Almagro? Aranjuez? Or other suggestion?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
Any suggestions for a nice town to spend a day or two en route from Granada to Cuenca? Or simply some place other than Toledo (which I love and is tempting), south of Madrid? What about Aranjuez?

#21819 - 03/11/03 10:52 PM Re: Almagro? Aranjuez? Or other suggestion?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I can recommend Almagro (<-nice site but in Spanish) We spent a night there on our way down to Sevilla for Semana Santa. They have the oldest theater in Spain,

a NICE, BIG square with some fountains, statues, and palms. Walking the old streets made me think of Colonial Spain in Latin America. VERY nice.

Aranjuez is pretty cool too, though, with its palace, VERY romantic gardens & fountains, and a nice little town too:

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#21820 - 03/12/03 11:33 AM Re: Almagro? Aranjuez? Or other suggestion?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
Thanks, MM. Things are moving along nicely. I am ready to approach Granada then move north!

Can you "guesstimate" the distance between Almagro and Aranjuez? --CC

#21821 - 03/12/03 12:40 PM Re: Almagro? Aranjuez? Or other suggestion?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I'm not sure of the practical distance (Spaniards? Do you know?) but according to the VíaMichelin Maps & Directions site, it takes 1 hour and 56 minutes and is 92 miles. You can plug in your cities and get directions, distances, and times. Great site!

Good luck and have fun! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments