Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#21738 - 02/24/03 09:39 PM Where to go
imogen Offline

Loc: Australia
Will be walking the Camino de Santiago shortly. Hope to complete in mid May. I then have 2 weeks to spare before returning home. Here is my predicament. Where shall I go for 2 weeks. Have never visited Spain before so do not quite know what to do. Not particularly in in Beaches,surfing etc. but would love to see some galleries, interesting architecture etc. Some suggestions please.

#21739 - 02/25/03 01:15 AM Re: Where to go
nevado Offline

Have a great time on the camino! I can't believe I'm going to plug Barcelona over Madrid but...if you're looking for "interesting" architecture, you may want to head there. Gaudi's works are not to be missed! You'll get a taste of it in Astorga but I don't think it does justice to what he has to offer in Barcelona. You can venture to Figueras to see the Dali museum as well. On the other hand, Madrid has a wealth of museums but, although I love the architecture in Madrid, it's not out of the ordinary. Bilbao is another choice but I don’t think it warrants two weeks of your time.

#21740 - 02/25/03 10:12 PM Re: Where to go
imogen Offline

Loc: Australia
As I will finish the walk in Santiago de Compostela, are there not a couple of interesting spots to stop on the way to Barcelona. I do not think I would like to spend 2 weeks in a big city. Where else would you suggest I go? Barcelona sounds great.

#21741 - 02/25/03 11:57 PM Re: Where to go
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
You can't go to Spain and not visit Sevilla....but don't miss Barcelona. Very interesting smaller towns: Cuenca, Segovia, Toledo, Llanes. Also Bilbao, San Sebastian, Santander....Lucky you to be walking the Camino. Make sure to post here about your experiences.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments